Must Read article on Confluence for Enterprise

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2020

Hi community,

This was a really great article on the Atlassian blog and I thought I should share it with everyone who missed it!

The article is about how you can benefit from the quicker utility, get more bang for your buck, and drive advancements in Confluence Cloud.

What’s new and better in Confluence Cloud vs server

9 comments

Comment

Benjamin Horst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2020

Maybe you can tell me why you think that this article is great, because I don't see why this is a must read. 

"Look, I have that dead horse and this one is alive. And I tell you: the living one is better!"

Atlassian already discontinues Server anyway. There is no reason to compare the Server version with just Cloud anymore. The question everybody is facing is just if they go for Cloud or for DC. 

And the article can't be taken for the DC/Cloud comparison at least due to the following points:

• advanced administration is available in DC as well
  • "unique integrations" -> we have been using those for years through great Apps from the marketplace
  • Cloud Analytics -> nice to have it internal. However Google Analytics integration works like a charm. At least for public DC instances And if you don't want to go public, you don't need to compare Cloud
  • Confluence Mobile -> even in Server I can use the mobile app. And it works with a company chosen SSO provider. Same goes for DC

For the technical part, I'd rather recommend to start with this article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/compare-atlassian-cloud-vs-server-744721664.html

I have not found a good and current feature comparison of Confluence Cloud vs. Confluence Datacenter. So if anyone has one, it would be great if you could share it. 

Like # people like this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

I agree with you.
But I think the purpose of that article is most likely to convince server customers to choose Atlassian Cloud and show them how valuable Confluence Cloud is compared to their current server instance.

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

Thanks for sharing @Soumyadeep Mandal 😃

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2021

Thanks for sharing this @Soumyadeep Mandal !

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2021

Thanks for sharing @Soumyadeep Mandal 

Are you ok?

Cheers

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2021

In my opinion Confluence Cloud is the modernized sister of Confluence Server. I see that the new functionalities are coming to Cloud faster and that Confluence Cloud got quite a few upgrades but I don't think - at this point - you can compare these two anymore.

Like Benjamin said, a product thats already been called "dead" can't be compared to one that's being improved.

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2021

Thanks for sharing @Soumyadeep Mandal !

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2021

Thanks for sharing.

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2021

Thank you for sharing this article @Soumyadeep Mandal 

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2022

Thanks for sharing this!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events