Jira Software 8.5 and Jira Service Desk 4.5 Enterprise releases for Server and Data Center

Grazyna Kaszkur
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2019

Enterprise releases are now called Long Term Support releases

As of June 29th, 2020, Enterprise releases are now called Long Term Support releases. The security bug fix policy for these releases was also updated - we will continue to backport critical security bug fixes and now when architecturally possible, all other security bug fixes are backported to the release for 24 months. To learn more about this change, view our Community post.

G’day Enterprise community!

The title says it all – we’re excited to share the first Enterprise releases on the Jira Server and Data Center 8 platform, for both Jira Software and Jira Service desk. The Jira Software 8.5 and Jira Service Desk 4.5 Enterprise releases are now available, and they bring with them a host of features, critical bug fixes, and a lightning-fast platform that have all been strengthened and subjected to additional performance and scalability testing. And for the first time, Jira 8.5.0 and 4.5.0 are certified Enterprise releases from Day 1.

Here are some resources you’ll need to plan your upgrade:

We want to hear from you think! Which part of the Enterprise release has you most excited? Any questions for the Jira team? Leave them here.

2 comments

Comment

Tanya C October 22, 2019

I'm very much looking forward to our installation of these new enterprise versions.  I think we are slating after the new year as we have a big platform move on our plate.  I can't wait though!

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

Great information.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events