Feedback request: Content Delivery Network (CDN) support in Data Center

Brian Keough
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2019

Hi Community! 

We announced support for Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) in early August for Jira Software and Jira Service Desk Data Center, and now we want to hear from you! The feature has since been implemented for Data Center editions of Confluence 7.0 and will be coming soon for Bitbucket Data Center.

In case you aren’t familiar or missed the earlier announcement, we built this feature to allow admins to integrate their instance(s) with a CDN and help improve performance for their distributed teams. CDNs cache static assets locally - such as CSS, JavaScript, or fonts - to speed up the response time for your remote users and lighten the load on your primary instance, allowing for higher performance all around.

During our initial performance testing, we saw significant improvements in response time for distributed teams, but we’d like to understand what the experience has been like for you so far. Are you planning on enabling it (if you haven’t already)? Are there any blockers prohibiting you from doing so? What results are you seeing? Any and all feedback is welcome to get a better understanding of opportunities for improvement.

For those of you who haven’t enabled CDN support but are interested in learning more about how CDN support works and how it can improve geo-performance for your distributed teams, check out the blog or see how you can get started now.

Thank you in advance!

The DC Team

2 comments

Comment

Matthew Page September 25, 2019

I'm highly interested in trying it but this enterprise feature is not available in the enterprise release which is still at 6.13.   I suspect you'll get more commentary and feedback once the new enterprise release is available which includes this feature.

Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Brian Keough , 

Thank for that feature. 

One thing in our local community only a few companies used that feature. 

Because it's helpful, only if your company too distributed. Let's wait I hope my stats are wrong.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events