📰 Enterprise Group Roundup: April 4th, 2021

Since last month's roundup, here's a handful of happenings I feel are worth mentioning:

1. Jira Work Management

Atlassian announced the evolution of Jira Core as Jira Work Management. Managing work is near and dear to my heart - as important as project management! - so seeing this rebrand and extension of their core offering (see what I did there?) was a welcome surprise.

2. Atlassian to rename Next-gen to team-managed projects

Yes, there's still a hyphen in the name. But we no longer have to worry about whether we should capitalize "Next" or not! Classic projects will be renamed to company-managed projects. Learn more.

3. Jira Data Center 8.16 was released

Released March 23rd, the latest version of Jira DC supports multiple Identity Providers for those who need it. There's also further indexing improvements. Peep the release notes. 🐥

4. Data Residency coming to more Cloud plans

The ability to store your data in specific geographic locations is coming to Standard and Premium plans. Currently Data Residency is only available on Cloud Enterprise plans.

5. Feeling social? Say "hi" in our new Intro thread!

6. Reminder: Team Tour is April 28-April 30th! Have you signed up yet? Take a look at the sessions and tracks on offer.

What were your takeaways for March? Did I miss something? What are you looking forward to? 

Dave is a volunteer Enterprise group lead. When he's not spelunking in Jira, he's dreaming about his next cup of coffee.

13 comments

Comment

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2021

Nice summary of the current trending topics, thank you @Dave Liao 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2021

Perfect summary! thanks!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2021

@G subramanyam @Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California) - did I miss anything? I'm not in every group on Community. 🤣

Like G subramanyam likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2021
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2021

@G subramanyam - thank you sir!

Like G subramanyam likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2021

Hi @Dave Liao as part of upcoming virtual event 2021, the study group is planned in the coming months. For specific month, you need to sign up for the Certification Accelerator Experience. And regarding the public classes (SkillShareAotearoa), I believe that is not for global audience and it's only for local city chapter.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2021

Thanks for sharing the group updates, @Dave Liao ! This is useful!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2021

For anyone who's looking forward to things to do, there's an upcoming fireside chat with Zoom's head of IT infrastructure this Thursday - learn about cloud insights from one of the leading teleconferencing companies in the world!

🐣 Peep the link and register today: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Enterprise/Fireside-chat-with-Zoom-s-Head-of-IT-Infrastructure-come-join-us/ba-p/1656167

I couldn't resist using Easter emoji.

Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 7, 2021

Comprehensive overview, thanks @Dave Liao !

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2021

Great summary, thanks @Dave Liao !

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2021

@Dave - looking forward to Advanced Roadmaps nuggets soon, I hope!

Evan Underwood-Harley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2021

Great summary, thanks

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2021

Thanks for the Summary!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events