Customer chat request: why did your team move from Bitbucket Server to Data Center?

Hosana
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2020

Hi there community members,

My name is Hosana, and I work on the product marketing team here at Atlassian. My team is curious to understand why our Bitbucket customers decide to move from our Server to Data Center offering (or why they decide not to). We want to learn what the decision-making process was like for you and your team. Here are the types of questions I’m hoping to answer:

• Why did your team choose Data Center?

• Who was involved in the decision? Which teams and individuals?

• What factors were most and least important in your decision?

• What information and resources were helpful in making your decision? What information and resources were missing that you wish you had been able to use?

• What is the upgrading experience like?

If you were involved in the process, I’d love to set up a time to chat and learn more. Just leave a comment below and I’ll reach out to you directly to coordinate. And, if you’re not free to chat but have thoughts on the questions above, please feel free to share as comments below.

Thanks for your help,

Hosana

3 comments

Comment

Corné den Hollander May 6, 2020

I'd be happy to answer some questions on this topic. We've been through this process recently.

Evan Underwood-Harley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2020

Hi Hosana,

I've been through the process with a few clients and would gladly take part in answering some questions on the topic.

Regards

Evan

Mushfiqur Rahman November 1, 2020

Great questions! Thank you.

Knowing the answers will be a guideline for considering a move from Bitbucket Server to Data Center.

Best regards,

Mushfique

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events