Any insight into the timing of the next Enterprise release to be marked?

Carol Jones October 23, 2018

Enterprise releases are now called Long Term Support releases

As of June 29th, 2020, Enterprise releases are now called Long Term Support releases. The security bug fix policy for these releases was also updated - we will continue to backport critical security bug fixes and now when architecturally possible, all other security bug fixes are backported to the release for 24 months. To learn more about this change, view our Community post.

Our team as well as our large user-base is excited to start using some of the features we've been reading about over the last year which has our support team eagerly awaiting the next marked Enterprise Release version.

The current Enterprise Release version of JIRA is v7.6 which was released almost a year ago.  When Enterprise was first rolled out, Atlassian announced that they would mark at least one version to be the official Enterprise release a year.

Hoping someone in this group might be able to share some insight into when we can expect this to drop (Oct, Nov, Dec?) so we can better plan out our release timelines within our internal teams knowing this will take priority over most other work-streams.

TIA!

5 comments

Comment

Bryan Robison October 24, 2018

Hi @Carol Jones

Jira 7.13 is the next Enterprise Release according to the developer documentation

Like Carol Jones likes this
Carol Jones October 24, 2018

Thanks!!  I didn't even think to look there.  Could you post the reference to this so I have it for the next time too?!

Thanks @Bryan Robison!

Jess Seitz
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 9, 2018

Hi @Carol Jones- Jess here, I'm a Product Marketing Manager for Jira Software Server & Data Center! 

7.13 is our next Enterprise release line and as you can see we have already shared a developer preview of the release (thanks for sharing @Bryan Robison. I can't say which date it's coming out, though we are actively working on this release and it will be available very soon. We'll post an update here when it's released! 

Like # people like this
Marcelo Mella October 24, 2018

I read a post saying that next Enterprise version will be 7.13

But we are still on 7.12.3

Thanks!!  Do you remember where you read this?  I want to make sure I'm watching the best areas for this type of information moving forward!

Marcelo Mella October 24, 2018

Link removed

Carol Jones November 7, 2018

Thanks @Bryan Robison and @Marcelo Mella, this is super helpful!

I've searched through the developer documentation and can't find anything announced yet for the next Confluence Enterprise Release.  I'm assuming they would be announced around the same timeframe even if release schedules are slightly different.  So I'm hoping I'm just looking in the wrong area.  Do you have any information for Confluence?

Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2018

Hi @Carol Jones - Confluence Server & Data Center Product Marketing Manager here! We will publicly announce the next enterprise release within the next few weeks. Will post an update here when it is available!

Carol Jones November 9, 2018

That's great news, thanks!  We're trying to scope out our resources for the next few weeks/months so wanted to ensure we have it scoped so we can jump on it as soon as it's available!  I'll continue to keep watching for it :)

Like Ada Chen likes this
Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2018

Hi @Carol Jones - Back with good news! Confluence 6.13 will be our next Enterprise release line. We'll give 6.13 the Enterprise release stamp of approval early in the new year, so you can start planning your upgrade now.

The announcement will be updated on our release notes here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-6-13-release-notes-959288785.html

Carol Jones December 5, 2018

Thanks @Ada Chen!!  Super excited for this!!

Jess Seitz
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 5, 2018

Thanks Ada! Following this update, we have similar good news for Jira! 7.13 is now available and we'll also be designating the enterprise release stamp of approval early next year.

Watch the release notes for the announcement: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-7-13-x-release-notes-957981568.html

Carol Jones March 5, 2019

@Ada Chen -- Circling back on this thread to ensure Confluence v6.13 is still marked for the next official Enterprise Release?  The below still has v6.6, so just wanted to confirm plans hadn't shifted.

Atlassian Enterprise Releases

Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
March 12, 2019

Hi @Carol Jones - Thanks for your patience!

The release notes have been updated, and Confluence 6.13 is our latest Enterprise Release: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-6-13-release-notes-959288785.html

Please refer to this change log for a roll-up of changes since 6.6: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-6-13-enterprise-release-change-log-959288815.html

Carol Jones March 13, 2019

Awesome, thank you!!

Carol Jones March 2, 2020

@Ada Chen - We're coming up on the 1 year mark from the last announced Enterprise Level Release for Confluence.  Do you have any updates on when we might expect this year's announcement to be posted or which release it might be associated with?  If there's another area I could/should be following for information like this, please let me know :) My team follows the below, but looking to take a more proactive approach with our planning/testing activities.  Thanks!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/atlassian-enterprise-releases-948227420.html

Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
March 2, 2020
Like Bryan Robison likes this
Jess Seitz
Community Manager
January 31, 2019

Hi all! Updating this thread to share that Jira Software Server and Data Center 7.13 has now been certified as an Enterprise release. We recommend always upgrading to the latest bugfix version (now 7.13.1) for the lifetime of the release. 

Check out our post in the Enterprise community for more details.

Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
March 12, 2019

Hi everyone! Updating this thread to share that Confluence 6.13 has now been certified as an Enterprise release. We recommend always upgrading to the latest bugfix version (now 6.13.3) for the lifetime of the release. 

The release notes have been updated to reflect this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-6-13-release-notes-959288785.html

Please refer to this change log for a roll-up of changes since 6.6: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-6-13-enterprise-release-change-log-959288815.html

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events