What is the Best SAFe Agile, SAFe for DevOps plugins for Jira?

Shrikant Wagh July 1, 2021

I am implementing SAFe Agile and some QA and DevOps best practices. Any thoughts about off the shelf available plugins for WSJF calculations or support for PRN calculations for Risk Based Testing approach. Would like to hear from you.

Thanks,

SW

7 comments

Comment

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Hello, @Shrikant Wagh.  What I've seen most frequently in Atlassian customer organizations is:

Also, within the Atlassian ecosystem, there are two solutions partners who I know have strong expertise in this area: Adaptavist and Cprime.     

Here again, I am sure there are others. But those are the two I see most frequently helping people with SAFe and Atlassian products.  You can look for more here: 

https://partnerdirectory.atlassian.com/

Full disclosure: ALM Works makes the second product I mentioned, Structure for Jira, and we have numerous customers who use it for SAFe Agile.

Hope this helps,

-dave [ALM Works]

Like # people like this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 1, 2021

Hi @Shrikant Wagh

Successful adoption of SAFe® starts with identifying a value stream to deliver consistent value to customers. In practice, the selection of suitable tools that will actively support SAFe activities is not insignificant.

@Dave Rosenlund has mentioned BigPicture. In fact, this tool was inspired by SAFe :) 

Shrikant, I enclose the link to our article: SAFe® with Jira & BigPicture, which I hope you'll find useful in market research :)

I am always ready to answer your more precise questions. 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

@Shrikant Wagh - Did you say WSJF calculations? Structure, for sure. Their core product offers the ability to calculate aspects of an issue (to figure out WSJF, for example), and the latest version of Structure (7.0!) lets you pull data from sources adjacent to issues you're curious about.

I'd also consider Easy Agile's products - in particular, Easy Agile Programs.

Both products let you to see dependencies between issues, and review large swaths of work. They're also both available for Jira Cloud and Jira Data Center.

What version of Jira are you using?

Like # people like this

Thanks for the shout out @Dave Liao 

If you ever want to share your experience with Easy Agile Programs, please book in a session here.

Have a great day,

Elizabeth

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2021

No problem Elizabeth! 👋😊

Benjamin Horst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2021

It depends a bit on what you want to achieve and how big of an enterprise you want to manage. As mentioned by Dave

• Jira Align works very well with Safe. But it's very pricy. In addition it has a lot of config options and is not a tool with which to start fast. 
  • I don't know Structure well, but Seibert Media offers Agile Hive which left a very good impression in the Demo as well (not available in Cloud as far as I know)
  • Big Picture offers a white paper on how to implement Safe with with their solution

If you are just aiming for WSJF solutions and backlog management, you might want to have a look at Foxly 

Like # people like this
Colin Helke
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2021

Hey @Benjamin Horst, Thanks for the Agile Hive shout out. It is always appreciated.

@Shrikant Wagh I am a consultant for Seibert Media and like Benjamin said, we offer Agile Hive as our SAFe solution. I would love to walk you through our feature set and answer any questions you may have. If you would like to schedule a meeting with me, you can select a time here: https://seibert.biz/chelke

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2021

@Benjamin Horst - Foxly looks cool! Shame it's only for Cloud (as far as I can tell)...

Like # people like this
Edwin Rozie July 12, 2021

Hello @Shrikant Wagh ,

You can use Ativo Programs for Jira to plan SAFe® Program Increments and to facilitate Art Sync meetings.

More information:
- Blog post on how to use SAFe in Jira : https://www.idalko.com/jira-safe/ 
- Book a free personal walk through demo : https://ativo.io/demo/

Plan-screen.png

All-teams-progress.PNG

Full disclaimer: I work for Ativo.

With kind regard,

Edwin Rozie

SAFe is a registered trademark of Scaled Agile Inc. We are not affiliated.

Like Deleted user likes this
Sedera Randria
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2021

Hi @Shrikant Wagh

I'm wondering ...

can any of these Atlassian Agile at Scale Enablements/Accreditations help you?

https://enable.atlassian.com/student/catalog/list?category_ids=22409-agile-at-scale

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2021

Following this discussion for understanding the implementation in Jira.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events