Learn how to build an information architecture strategy in Confluence

Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2019

Hello Atlassian Community! 

We know that organized and accessible information helps teams accomplish more together. But oftentimes, it can be difficult to find the right Confluence pages or organize your company's Confluence instance.

That's why we've put together a 5-step guide on our website to help you create an information architecture strategy for your Confluence instance.

SMT-2718_Enterprise-Content-Management_ConfluenceDC_Email.jpg

Get best practices and top tips on our new Organizing Confluence page and download our free PDF for more in-depth tips that you can use offline. 

Happy organizing!

6 comments

Comment

Brett Coster December 30, 2019

What an awesome reference! And timed beautifully, as I am just starting out on this journey to do this exact thing - to reorganise an out-of-control Confluence instance.

Like # people like this
Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2019

@Brett Coster - hopefully the tips & PDF help! Let us know if there's anything else you'd find helpful as you start reorganizing.

Emrecan November 9, 2020

@Brett Coster I agree, great resource and reference; thank you!

Seokaos - Melih K.  -    Best Regards,

Kadir A December 13, 2020

I just discovered this guide. It was released last year but still looks up to date. Thank you.

King Regards,
Whenwill - Kadir A.

Tanya C January 3, 2020

I just finished reading this.  I am an admin for a large government instance with 5000+ Spaces. I'm going to add this doc to our "I've got a Space, now what?" page that we link all new space admins to.  

I especially love the part about gardening.  I used that analogy at my Summit talk last year.  So many weeds can grow if you don't garden. 

😊

Like # people like this
Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
January 3, 2020

"I've got a Space, now what" - love it, what a great page name! Anything else on that page that you think others should know? Would love to keep adding to this resource in the future. 

Tanya C January 4, 2020

Hi, yes.  Permissions,  permissions,  permissions.  And what restrictions mean.  Differences between space and page permissions. Every day we get 3 to 10 permissions questions/support requests. 

I can't export what we have but next time I'm at work I'll note down a summary. 

The funny thing is... people don't read.  Sigh.

Like Ada Chen likes this
Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2020

A summary would be great! And permissions and restrictions are a tough area to solve, but we are working on it - happy to set up some time to chat with our research team if you're interested in sharing more about those questions/requests & any other thoughts. 

Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2020

What a coincidence, I am building out a new space admin guide titled "So you've got a new wiki, now what?" It covers the basics on page tree structure, permissions, essential  home page info, navigation, search, engaging users and doing other admin stuffs. I plan to write a Community article in the near future.

solucangubresi April 16, 2020

Thank you for the information you provided. Solucan gübresi fiyatları

Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Excellent post - glad I stumbled across this!

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2021

Thanks for the article! :)

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2021

This is super hepful! 💙 Thank you for this little guide.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events