Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you could wave a magic wand, what problem would you solve in Education?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 22, 2020

Hi again, Education enthusiasts!

Every industry has its pros and cons, that goes without saying. But wouldn’t it be nice if you could just wave a magic wand and solve the most glaring of your industry’s problems?

Well, I’m giving you one! For me, it’d be budgets. As someone who used to work as a college English instructor, that was always the issue. Somehow I would make it free for the students while also giving unlimited budgets to the staff (and pay adjuncts a living wage, cough cough.)

What would you do if you were Hermione Granger for just five minutes?

1 comment

Comment

PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2020

I have had almost, almost seconded you, @Monique vdB on budgets. But then I was enlighten, that money is actually function of something much more important:

Public acknowledgement of education's importance.

If only education would be perceived of the same importance as business, commerce, military force, etc. money would be piece of cake. And in some countries/areas indeed it is happening. Specific studies specializations are sponsored by companies lurking into graduates for hire. 

So imagine this as a common practice - education as prestigious, socially important function. And everybody supporting it.

Side story is fact that living in 21st century, this great age, where we have all the human knowledge easily accessible, where we can indeed appreciate several thousand ages of civilization development, with focus on few last centuries, when it accelerated, the same 21st century part of population is denying knowledge and science. Wherever you look: global warming, anti-vaccination movement, flat earth society, etc. - hey, c'mon, we got it solved already - it just need adoption and action.

Like Bridget likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events