Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all new to the group

Jerry Russell October 9, 2019

Hey all. I just started working on a project at a college. It's an HR/Payroll cloud implementation. That's not necessarily specific to education but this  is my first foray into working in the higher education environment so lots to learn there.

And of course lots to learn here. The college is using Jira but I don't think to it's full potential (I may be wrong, it's only my second week :D ).

Looking forward to some best practices or maybe even war stories ;)

Cheers

3 comments

Comment

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

Jerry,

Glad to have you aboard.  We use Jira and Confluence and are in the process of completing our Workday implementation.  We have used it throughout the project and it has been a great success.  Look forward to your questions.

Brant

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Brian Chabot October 31, 2019

Welcome Jerry,

We also have Jira Software and Confluence. We just started a pilot to implement Jira Service Desk as well. I feel this is a great place to get answers.

Best practices:

Start small and understand the system and how everything works together. Schemes play together a lot, like how a notification scheme plays with the workflow scheme.

Standards are key. As an admin, you can create many workflows and custom fields that can get out of hand. Focus on building more generic schemes, unless you truly have to build a one off design.

Plugins are awesome. Browse the marketplace. We currently have about 6 plugins and custom built 3 others.

Get a Dev/Test environment.

I hope these help.Feel free to ask around and post your success or troubles.

Enjoy,

Brian

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Hello @Jerry Russell

A quick request for a short and educational retrospective. How have your first few months been with Jira? What have your biggest challenges and learnings been? 👨🏻‍🏫

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events