Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which platform/authoring tool do you prefer to give online courses ?

Hello everyone ! I hope everything is going well for you !

I'm new to the group and Atlassian Community in general so I'm happy to share this article with you, which is more of a discussion really 🙂

During my short career of Atlassian Consultant and in the course of my studies I had the opportunity to give a lot of classes and trainings, I for instance contributed to the creation of a training to a Scaling Agile model. Education and training is very important to me and I hope I am going to be able to keep working close to this domain as long as possible !

In this very special period of Covid, education is currently shifting towards online technologies and e-learning takes a more and more important role in it. As a result, companies are adapting to the situation, resulting in the appearance of numerous platforms and softwares dedicated to the creation of Educational content or e-learning : Authoring Tools. 

I had the brief opportunity to use Lectora, an authoring tool that allows the creation of interactive training documents directly from the Cloud. It offers a very wide range of functionalities and is quite easy to use. I would recommend it if you're looking for an easy way to create e-learning courses, its main default being to me that it I found it a little bit "Old-School" and that it doesn't look very modern.

What do you think about the current migration towards e-learning ? Did you have the chance to use any Authoring Tool in the past ? Which authoring tool do you use and why ?

9 comments

Comment

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

Hi @Guilhem Dupuy  !

I have personnaly used the Atlassian University e-learning tool, I'm not sure what's the technical platform behind it however.

It's quite easy to use and provides transcript which I find very useful when I can't watch the videos.

Like • # people like this
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

Thank you for your answer Alexis ! I agree with you, I took some classes which use this tool too and I liked them too

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

Hi @Guilhem Dupuy and @Alexis Robert may I know the name of "Atlassian University e-learning tool" and any weblink to check.

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam , you can find Atlassian course catalog here.

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2021

Hi @Guilhem Dupuy The link you shared is taking me to courses section, but not giving any clue as to which tool that's been used in making the course!

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2021

Oh @G subramanyam I misunderstood your question, I actually don't know which tool Atlassian is using to make their course (and as far as I know they use several tools).

You can try and contact them directly if you're looking for this information !

Like • G subramanyam likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2021

Thank you @Guilhem Dupuy

I'm interested in the tool name and yes, I will have to reach them.

Feigl March 27, 2023

I would also be interested to know which Toll was used for the courses @G subramanyam . It is really very appealing and has a good user interface. Does anyone know the name of the tool?

Feigl April 24, 2023

Now it is clear. The learning platform is Intellum and the authoring tool is called Evolve. Both together create this beautiful learning environment from Atlassian.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events