cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topic Tuesday: Podcast

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2019

Happy Tuesday! 

Lately, I've been tuning out the radio music and turning to podcasts. For several years now, I've been so inspired and motivated after listening to these interviews and talks. I'd like to share a few favs with hopes of brightening someone else's day!

While many of them do have the word code in them, don't be scared. There's so much to learn beyond coding. Great for newbies entering the industry. :) 

Whats the Atlassian community listening to? Share below!

2 comments

Comment

Karen O'Keefe February 12, 2019

I have a few favorite podcasts:

• Conversations with People Who Hate Me with Dylan Maron. The title is somewhat misleading, because everyone on the podcast is civil and Dylan models compassionate listening to bring people together with wildly divergent views. It started with people being hateful to him on the internet (for being gay). He asked them to have a conversation with him. He has brought people together in conversation from all over. Educational.
  • Clear and Vivid with Alan Alda. Another podcast that focuses on communication.
  • NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. Podcast that covers contemporary arts and and issues.  Lots of good stuff--very popular, Peabody-award-winning podcast.
  • TED Radio Hour. Gives a shorter sample of longer TED talks on a theme. One recent episode addressed Gender, Power, and Fairness.  Four speakers on the theme.
Like Mary Ramirez likes this
Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2019

Thank you for sharing @Karen O'Keefe! I do enjoy the TED radio hour podcast as well. I'd like to check out the episode you mentioned.

Like Karen O'Keefe likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2019

I never listen to podcasts which all of my mentors and peers say is ill-advised. I'm just too busy listening to the music that I love so much - there is so much of it!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events