Topic-Tuesday: Let's Play a Game

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2019

A friend recently shared this game with me:

Survival of the Best Fit is an educational game about hiring bias in AI. We aim to explain how the misuse of AI can make machines inherit human biases and further inequality. Much of the public debate on AI has presented its as a threat imposed on us, rather than one that we have agency over. We want to change that by helping people understand the technology, and demand more accountability from those building increasingly pervasive software systems.

https://www.survivalofthebestfit.com/

Warning it will consume ~5 minutes of your life. Give it a try and dare to share your results (uuuu spooky). 

3 comments

Comment

J van Leeuwen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2019

Very eye opening! Thank you for sharing this @Mary Ramirez

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 22, 2019

This was super interesting! I failed but I ended up with 50/50 Orange/Blue so not sure why I failed!

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 18, 2019

My company got shut down because there were more orange people than blue.

I blame Google ! :P

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events