cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topic Tuesday: Conference Must Haves

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2019

Hi everyone, 

Coming to you live from the Atlassian Summit in Las Vegas! Day 2 for me here and I've been thinking about items I should have packed on my trip. Today I saw a fellow Atlassian grab an extension cable from his bag. He was sitting far from an outlet and needed to charge his laptop. I just thought "Wow, that was genius!"

So I ask the group, what are your conference must haves? What do you pack or do to make your conference experience easier?

5 comments

Comment

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2019

Advil or Aleve 

Like Mary Ramirez likes this
Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2019

I'd say a long sleeve or sweater! Sometimes the AC is on way too high. 

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Howard Eberhart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2019

I was very happy to have my AUG Leader sweatshirt from 2017 for that exact reason!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2019

Great travel topic... especially for Summit!

Extension cable!
That is definitely one of my top fives - I never go away (holiday/business/conferences) without my Cube.
1.5 m (59 inches) in length, has 4 sockets and 2 USB slots! Great way to make new acquaintances for obvious reasons 😜🌠

Here's my top 5 for conferences 🔝:
1 - BIG water bottle & healthy snacks
2 - A5 Notepad and favourite pencil case
3 - The Cube
4 - Comfy sneakers for lots of walking
5 - Business Cards

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2019

Coming back to this:

-Comfortable shoes
-Battery pack for my phone
-Sweater or long sleeve for super ac'd rooms.
-Bar of soap (there's crappy soap in hotels)
-water bottle
-extra space in my baggage for swag
-business cards for networking

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Karen O'Keefe April 30, 2019

I always bring:

• Dongle for adapting my laptop to a variety of projectors
  • Hard copy of any presentation I'm giving (in case of tech failure)
  • Laser pointer
  • gum/hard candy/mints (comes in handy for dry mouth, fresh breath, or wiggly kids on a plane)
  • USB thumb drive 
  • Ear bud-style-headphones (in case I need some "alone" time)
  • Portable battery charger
  • Something to make me easy to find (bright scarf, hat, pin, clothing, sweater, something)
  • Something fun to share with others (game, conversation starters, funny pictures, etc)
  • Emergency kit (with sewing, band-aids, glasses screws, clear nail polish, Bactine).
Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events