Product Design Saved My Hair by Nichole Burton

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 18, 2018

Don't miss @Nichole Burton's Summit presentation, Product Design Saved My Hair: Navigating a World of Intersectional Design and Empathy!

Her description:

I'm a product designer. I'm also a black woman. I care deeply about the intersection of those identities as they apply to myself and others. Design and diversity, at their core, are a practice in focused, actionable empathy. In this talk, I'll review how I learned to systemically generate this flavor empathy with a comprehensive product design process, all through the lens of tackling one of my biggest challenges in self-care: kinky-curly hair. Regardless of who you are, or what your background is, there's a little something for everyone to take away from this. You will leave with an understanding of the end-to-end design process, how to systemically identify, challenge, and mitigate bias, and even a thing or two about how to have great hair. 

Here is the presentation:

1 comment

Comment

Linette
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2018

Thanks for highlighting this presentation, it’s a great walkthrough of the design process!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events