Introduce yourself here!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 11, 2018

I would love for everyone to introduce themselves, say why you're interested in this group, and (if you're comfortable) name something about you that's unique, unusual, or diverse! 

75 comments

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 11, 2018

I'm Monique, the community manager here. I've worked in diverse and not-so-diverse tech companies, and I've been particularly interested in making sure women in tech are represented. One of the first things that made me fall in love with the Atlassian Community was our diverse group of meeples! 

One thing about me that's diverse: I'm plus-sized and a woman, which means I sometimes feel othered by tech T-shirts, which are often "unisex" and end up looking awful on me or simply not fitting. (The last women's T-shirts we got at work were so small I took a "large" one home for my daughter. It fit her. She is 7.)  Last Summit I made sure to order women's and men's shirts in a range of sizes; I still treasure my community woman's V-neck 2X! 

Like # people like this
M.Fad June 9, 2020

Hi @Monique vdB ,

I'm with you on women in tech being represented, and also women being represented everywhere. I started listening to 'Lean In' by Sheryl Sandberg where she talked about women depriving ourselves of so much (more) because we do not want to appear as overambitious, not up to par, or not being likable. As a result, we assume some things are not meant for us. We need more representation. I'm encouraged to be part of the many that are willing to be beyond normal.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 23, 2020

@M.Fad thank you for sharing! I haven't read Lean In yet but I have been meaning to.

Like # people like this
Mark Livingstone (San Diego)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2018

Hi there.

My name is Mark Livingstone and I am your San Diego Atlassian User Group (AUG) Leader.

I've been running this group for over seven years and have thoroughly enjoyed every moment of working with other San Diego Atlassian users as well as the 3rd party partners and Atlassian.

My day job is working at Qualcomm where I am responsible for our End User Services which consists of our Global Service Desk, Field Services, Walk up Centers and Printing Services.

I've been a user of the Atlassian tools for almost a decade and managed the SDLC tools here at Qualcomm for many years.

In my spare time, you can often find me volunteering down at the San Diego Zoo (and amazing world of biodiversity) as an interpretive volunteer and also helping run fundraising events.

Like # people like this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2020

Your volunteer work at San Diego Zoo must be so rewarding!

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 11, 2018

My name is Kat and as of a couple of hours ago I am an Atlassian Certified Project Administrator.

I ranted on Facebook the other night about this article and have copied my rant below:

I recently went to a Women in Tech breakfast. The idea that programming is like planning a dinner would have fit well with the ideas and stories shared by the speakers in 2018 rather than being a relic of the 1960s.

Three of the 4 software companies I have worked for have been extremely family friendly and the other mostly hired new grads who did not have families yet.

There is no real purpose to this rant, just sharing a frustration that promoting women in IT tends to alienate this woman in IT.

Like # people like this
Paz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2018

Hey there everyone, I'm John, a Technical Writer with Atlassian. I'm not your average tech-worker by any means, but I'll just drop the highlights:

• I'm African-American and Cuban
  • I married my high school sweetheart, and we have three kids. 
  • I moved to Australia to work for Atlassian (but came back after 3 years).

This group interests me for a lot of reasons, but mostly just to demonstrate the diversity of Atlassian's users (and employees). 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 19, 2018

Welcome, @Paz! So happy to see you in this group! 

Like # people like this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2020

Hey @Paz !

Awesome to see you!

Like # people like this
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2018

Hi All,

I am Alana, a quality assurance analyst works for MillenniumIT SriLanka. I am the only woman in IT 😃 in our team. I am here as I love respecting and appreciating differences.

One thing diverse! about me is most similar and opposite to Mo @Monique vdB I am a XS. 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 12, 2018

;) 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2018

I'm Thomas, System Administrator at HanseMerkur, a medium-sized insurance company in Germany. 

Although I studied computer science and now work in an IT department, I would not describe myself as a typical computer nerd. I'm more interested in design (I wanted to study graphic design before I studied  computer science), social software and social issues than most of my IT-colleagues. Maybe that's why I love the administration of Confluence so much. Here I can work much more creatively, the design of our insurance's Confluence is highly influenced by me. I design dashboards, logos, icons etc. Most of our software developers are not interested in this kind of work.

What makes me also different from most of my IT colleagues is, that I'm gay. I got the feeling, that there are even more women in tech than gay men. As far as I know, I'm the only one in our IT-department. I live very open, everybody's knowing about me and I'm happy that I live in a country and work for a company where I don't have to hide myself.

Like # people like this
Paz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2018

Welcome Thomas! 

Like darla karren likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2018

@Thomas Schlegel ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2018

@Erica Moss Have you seen Atlassian‘s new twitter icons this week? Awesome!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2018

@Thomas Schlegel Yes, and it makes me so happy!

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2020

I'm really late with this one, but it's great to see you!

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2018

Hi All,

I'm a project manager at Parker Hannifin, working on IoT projects. I don't know if its my short attention span or a driving interest to learn new things, but over the years I've found that PM work makes me happy.

And, speaking of short attention spans...here is a list of active hobbies:

• Wood Working..from turning pens to building kayaks. (My Esty shop is in the works; I need a good name.)
  • Kayaking (duh.)
  • Photography
  • Stamp Collecting (a great winter hobby, my collection of mint United Nations stamp from the first issue through 2009 is my showcase)
  • Animal Shelter Volunteer (cats, mostly)
  • SciFi/Fantasy nerd
  • Cleveland sports fan
  • There's probably a couple more.  

In my spare time I enjoy being part of this community and I'm kicking off an AUG in CLE next week.

Like # people like this
Paz
Atlassian Team
June 18, 2018

Thanks for sharing! 

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2020

Hi @Scott Theus - wow, that's an impressive list of hobbies!

Linette
Atlassian Team
June 17, 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm Linette, an information experience writer at Atlassian. In my past tech roles I've definitely been in the minority as a woman in IT (be that in support roles or training industry certifications). In regards to other diversity related things, I'm bisexual, and originally from England and living in Australia.

I'm interested in this group as I fundamentally believe that our diversity makes us stronger and wiser, as long as we share our knowledge and experience!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 19, 2018

Hi @Linette! Welcome to the group! 

Paz
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2018

;-)

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
June 27, 2018

Hi! I'm Bianca and do marketing for the Atlassian Community (maybe you've seen my ads on your social media network?). I love that this group is a safe place to ask questions and concerns I might have. I'm Mexican-American so that means "Mexican food" is just my comfort, everyday food.

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Linette
Atlassian Team
June 27, 2018

Welcome!

Paz
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2018

For Mexicans, it's just... "food." 

:-)

Welcome!

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2018

Lucky you, I love tacos and pozole.

Kelvin Russell July 17, 2018

Kia Ora,

My name is Kelvin and I live in the best smallest city in the World, Wellington New Zealand.

I am becoming the SME of Jira and Confluence for my company ans I look forward to many interesting conversations here.

Ka Kite

Kelvin

Linette
Atlassian Team
July 17, 2018

Kia Ora Kelvin!

Welcome (and yes, Wellington is pretty great!!)

👋

Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 17, 2018

Welcome @Kelvin Russell! I have a friend who lives in Wellington and I hope to visit someday :) 

Michele Lim [Cprime] July 18, 2018

Welcome Kelvin!! I love the Air New Zealand ads (have you seen the latest Christmas one? It's really good!) I'm an Aussie but don't hold it against me :P Looking forward to some great chats here!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2018

@Monique vdB Yeah, we still need to plan our New Zealand trip without husbands 😄

Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 18, 2018

That's right @Thomas Schlegel! I think the prize for reaching Level 9 should be a first-class, luxury trip to New Zealand with the Atlassian named Monique of your choice. Think my bosses will go for that? 🤣

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2018

You should definitely ask 👍😄👍

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 18, 2018

@Kelvin Russell - are you a member of the Wellington Atlassian User Group?

Kelvin Russell July 18, 2018

@Kat Warner thanks for the info, I have now joined the Group.

Kelvin Russell July 18, 2018

@Michele Lim [cPrime] I do think Air NZ have the best safety videos. Unfortunately I am not allowed to speak to you.... I am a South African now living in NZ :)

Hahaha! I'll try and make you change your mind. 

Hey Everyone!

My name is Michele, I'm originally from Sydney, Australia and have just moved over to San Francisco earlier this year to fulfill one of my life goals: working in San Francisco. 

I'm very passionate about equal representation everywhere (obviously) but even more so in the media and in tech! 

After only living in SF for a few months I can already see a lot of people who work in tech companies have it pretty good over here (free meals and 76 different types of milk in the kitchen). And it might be easy to get accustomed to this swish life!

As a 'unique' hobby I do stand up comedy, and one of my goals is to make sure people keep enjoying the little things, give me a bag of snacks on a sunny day at the park and I'm happy!

I hope that as tech grows and becomes even more entwined in our lives, we don't forget the simple life.

Looking forward to chatting with you all,

Michele 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 18, 2018

Welcome @Michele Lim [cPrime]! It's true, tech in San Francisco is quite a unique experience :)

Linette
Atlassian Team
July 18, 2018

Welcome @Michele Lim [cPrime]! I hope to visit SF again some day (went there for a week a loooong time ago).

I love that you name a goal of helping people enjoy the simple things! So delightful and so easy to overlook.

Hope you enjoy the community here! :)

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2018

Welcome, @Michele Lim [cPrime]! 🎉

Michele Lim [Cprime] July 19, 2018

@Linette @Erica Moss thank you!! 

Mike July 19, 2018

Hi everyone! My name is Mike, I am CEO at RndWork. We provide full-range of product development services to help organizations leverage leading-edge technologies for business improvement. We also offer businesses consulting services on sales and marketing automation, including CRM (Salesforce, Dynamics, etc.) onboarding.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 19, 2018

Welcome, @Mike! What brings you to the Diversity group?

Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2018

Hi, I'm Krisz (pronounced as Chris). I'm from Hungary but live in the UK. I don't think I ever experienced any problems in the UK, everyone is quite welcoming. I come from a country where the population is incredibly homogeneous (almost everyone is Hungarian) and it's interesting to see people from so many nations in the UK but it's quite new to me.

Since I have little experience in diversity (see above about Hungary), I'm curious to learn more in this group.

Like # people like this
Linette
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2018

Welcome @Krisztian Kovacs! I certainly enjoyed the diversity of the UK, and I hope  you have a great time there.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2018

Well, originally I am from the Himalayan Kingdom of Sikkim with a Buddhist King and an American Queen :p.

But right now working in Canada temporarily.

Linette
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2018

Welcome @Vickey Palzor Lepcha! I hadn't previously heard of Sikkim, but it already sounds fascinating!

voyager8jlh July 25, 2018

My name is Joe and I am an African-American that works as a Software Engineer.  I have been working in the civilian sector since I retired from the Army in 2001.  I went to college and earned a BS in CS and a BA in Math in 2006.  As a veteran, I have worked with a diverse group of people since I joined the Army in 1981, I STILL find it amusing AND SAD, when talking to some who have NEVER met anyone outside of their race or religion.  I look forward to the conversations and discussions that will occur in this group.

Like # people like this
Linette
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2018

Welcome! It is amazing how big and diverse the world is, but how we can find ourselves in pockets of samesame. Glad you've joined the group.

(as a side note, I can't seem to tag you in the post, Joe, I think there is an issue with the brackets in your username? So if you don't get tagged in things, know that it's looking like a bug rather than nobody wanting to namecheck you!)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 25, 2018

The issue is with parentheses; brackets work fine. @voyager8jlh you may want to change your ( ) to [ ] for now while we work to fix the bug! (I can only @ mention you because of my goddess-like powers.)

Linette
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2018

hahah, excellent diversity moment here too, in the UK we call usually call the curved ones brackets too!! Seee how my background culture lead to me saying something that was misleading for another culture!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 25, 2018

That's actually pretty cool! I've always heard them as:

Parentheses: (  )

Brackets: [  ]

Curly brackets: {  }

So what do you call the first and third ones @Linette?

voyager8jlh July 26, 2018

I have always heard the third one called 'Braces'.   I guess it is like 'pizza' vs 'pie', all depends on where you are from or at.  Similar to a 'living room' vs 'front room'.  Who can figure?

Linette
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2018

hahah, so I'd know them as:

Brackets: ()

Square brackets: []

Curly brackets: {}

;)

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2018

Hi,

My name is Mary and I work for Isos Technology based out of Phoenix, Arizona. I have an untraditional background in which I started my career in tech in the United States Army. I then pursued a bachelors in Legal Studies and an M.B.A. I'm interested in this discussion because I believe that diversity and inclusion can change a company. I also volunteer and mentor young women in regards to STEM careers. I look forward to collaborating and learning from everyone. 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 30, 2018

Hi @Mary Ramirez! Lovely to have you in the community. What organization do you mentor with? I'm looking into some mentorship options for this year via iCouldBe.

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2018

Hi @Monique vdB,

I use to lead a Girl Who Code after school club. I also speak on panels to young students through the TECHNOLOchicas campaign. Lastly, I host events with other women as part of Chick Tech for women trying to enter and stay in the tech field. I highly recommend everyone to be a mentor. Sharing your story and journey can certainly impact someone's decision to pursue a career in tech. 

Like Ankush Bora likes this
Linette
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2018

Welcome @Mary Ramirez!! Sounds like a very interesting journey! Glad to have you here!

J van Leeuwen
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2018

Hi everyone! 

My name is Jennifer van Leeuwen and I work on the awesome Priority Support for Server team at Atlassian. I'm a hispanic woman working in tech for last 17 years or so, and I'm so happy to see all the strides that have been made around diversity since I first started working in tech. Some unique things about me: 

• I was a teen mom and have 2 grown daughters: 26 and 23. I love to shock strangers with this fact.
  • My Mom is Venezuelan and came to the US when she was 18 for college. She didn't teach me Spanish as she didn't want me to be culturally confused.
  • I got my start as a video game addict/tech head playing lemonade stand on an Apple II at school. 

Nice to meet everyone! 

- Jennifer

Like # people like this
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2018

@J van Leeuwen  Mucho gusto :p 

Paz
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2018

Congrats on shepherding two children successfully into adulthood!

My wife and I had kids at 19 (we were dating in high school), and now we're 34 with two teenagers in high school and a 12 year old son! 

The struggle is real! But, I like to think I grew up with my kids, so our relationship is special. 

Linette
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2018

Welcome @J van Leeuwen! So glad to have you on the team!! And YAAAAY support, whilst I don't work in support now, many years of my life were on those front lines, so I know how much you do for our customers! 👏👏

Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 30, 2018

Hi @J van Leeuwen, thanks for jumping in! I have to ask -- how did you get your Dutch last name if you're Venezuelan? 😊

Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 30, 2018

And OMG lemonade stand! I grew up playing games on the 3.5 floppy disk on the Tandy 1000, including King's Quest II. 

J van Leeuwen
Atlassian Team
August 31, 2018

Mucho gusto, @Vickey Palzor Lepcha

Thanks, @Paz! :) The struggle is definitely real, but you are right. I feel like my daughters and I have a super special relationship and I wouldn't have it any other way. I had my oldest right out of high school, so we all definitely grew up together. It so nice being mid-40 and 'done'. Kudos to you and your high school sweetheart.

@Linette - so glad to have you on the team and proud to work for such a special company. Thank you for the kind words. 

@Monique vdB - I found myself an awesome Dutch man and convinced him to marry me. ;) Pretty funny, my father's side is French/German/Scottish - so now I have a French middle name (maiden name of my grandfathers mother, on my Dad's side) and a Dutch last name. I just like to keep people guessing. 

After playing lemonade stand at school, I bothered my father incessantly until he found me games I could play at home. Did you ever play Zork I? :D 

Aaron Williams
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2018

Hey, I'm a fairly new member of community and I love getting insight into perspective in the industry; I come from a time when at university when Women Who Code was really starting out, and I loved joining in the discussion and sharing my perspective on the immense value of embracing the shift in culture towards a reduction of computing and engineering being considered a boys club!

Now, I love to embrace and spread general acceptance and reduction of prejudice in all shapes, forms, and sizes, and am a huge advocate of embracing everyone for whoever they tell you they are - you know: "Don't judge a book by its cover!"

Personally I have faced a lot of prejudice and struggles in my life, and even today through a lack of understanding I still face challenges in the workplace and down the pub on a friday night; I am hearing impaired and wear two hearing aids, I am relatively eloquently spoken, and you wouldn't suspect that I have an impairment unless you looked directly into my ear to see the aids. You might also be confused if I have an American accent, when I have in fact never been across the Atlantic and am Scottish through and through (I blame it on the american shows I watch...)!

I was prompted to join this group when I wanted to comment on this article, so I'm away to do that now...

Like # people like this
Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2018

Welcome @Aaron Williams! Thank you for adding the URL to the article. It was a great read. 

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2018

@Aaron Williams Welcome to the community!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2018

We're happy you're here, @Aaron Williams! 😄

J van Leeuwen
Atlassian Team
September 13, 2018

Welcome! :) 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2018

Welcome to the most awesome community @Aaron Williams! Glad you are part of it.

Aaron Williams
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

Aw man, I feel rude for not replying, thank you to all of you for the warm welcome!

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2018

Hey everyone

I am Niklas, but my friends call me usually Nick. I am living in Zurich, Switzerland. I am originally from Koblenz, Germany. I am working in the "Atlassian world" since february 2017 when I joined bitvoodoo and became a Community Champion in the first half of 2018. So I think a few of you already know me from here. :D

I am working as support and consultant for our clients. I do everything around Jira and Confluence, Cloud and Server.

Working at an Atlassian Partner is the most diverse and open work experience I had so far. I have worked at a big german DAX-corporation and a local utilities companie before, and they were oldschool in everything. 

I enjoy cycling through Zurich, playing video games, watching Netflix and reading books (I let the last one slide a little. What should I read?). I am a big Nintendo and Pokémon Nerd btw.

I am queer and feel myself as a pansexual. I moved to Switzerland actually because of my boyfriend. This is one of the reason diversity matters to me. And I think workplaces with open, tolerant and diverse people is good for business and working on new ideas. :)

I am not really sure what is unique about me, maybe this; Most people I meet for the first time comment on my deep voice, I was asked to joining a choir a few times (sorry I do not sing). Oh, and I grew up on an island in a river.

Cheers
Niklas

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2018

@Sloan N_ B_ So great hearing more about you! Since you love Nintendo and Pokemon, you should weigh in here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Off-topic-discussions/Friday-fun-What-s-your-favourite-videogame-console/td-p/880400

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2018

Hello everyone,

I am Fadoua (originally from Morocco) but moved to the USA almost 2 decades ago. I am a Systems Integration Administrator for a System Healthcare in Northern VA. I work mainly with Atlassian Tools. I have been a Community Champion for almost a year. What I love about it: I learn from users questions and other champions with more experience than myself.

On my free time I enjoy my Taekwondo class and do some painting on glass. No painting project has ever been finished as I spent my time on my computer trying to learn more about Linux and Atlassian. My favorite color is Green.

What I hate the most: taking a nap in the afternoon. It makes me really sick.

Like # people like this
Linette
Atlassian Team
October 1, 2018

Welcome @Fadoua!! What a striking example of diversity for me, I love taking an afternoon nap; when I can it makes me feel really refreshed! ;)

Maybe one day you can share a picture of one of your paining projects?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2018

Thanks @Linette!  I was told a long time ago that I am weird 😂

But I really hate afternoon naps

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
October 2, 2018

@Fadoua +1 to not a fan of afternoon naps! Even as a child, I distinctly remember hating nap time. The only time I nap is when I'm sick, or if I really, really, really did not sleep well overnight; this means maybe 1 nap a year.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2018

@BiancaEgood to know that I am not the only one. I am no longer weird.

I hate them because I get up sick and not feeling well at all. I tried to take a nap once or twice while in college then never tried it again.

Like you said if I didn't have a good night sleep to the point I can barely stay up or I am sick those are 2 situations I will not only take a nap but sleep the whole day 🙂

Aaron Williams
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2018

Welcome @Fadoua! I'm having a tough time coping with the idea of a nap making you feel sick; that is awful - I adore taking a nap on like a Sunday afternoon!

I'm very curious about the 'painting on glass' you mentioned, what sort of scale are we talking here? A small 6x4" pane, or a big window size, or just whatever comes your way?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2018

Hi @Aaron Williams regarding my glass painting so far on small glass jars but never finished any.

I am thinking to take a day for myself, enjoy some painting since it relaxes me. If I am done I promise to share my work 😊

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 4, 2018

@Fadoua oh my gosh I am also a nap hater! I wake up feeling so groggy, blech. The only time I napped was in my first trimester when I was pregnant with my daughter. But it was more like I'd go to sleep in the afternoon, sleep for like six hours, wake up and eat dinner, then go right back to sleep for ten more hours. 🤣

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2018

I like to know that there are more people like me NAP HATERS 😋

Welcome to the club @Monique vdB! And yes I remember those days when pregnancy hormones take over and you are on sleep mode the whole day.

Karen O'Keefe February 1, 2019

Hi @Fadoua. I LOVE napping. The trick, though, is to get the right amount of sleep. I find under 45 minutes leaves me feeling refreshed. Between 1 and 3 hours leaves me feeling awful. I could take a short nap (under a half hour) every day.

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2018

Welcome, @Christine Marr@Ram Koner and @Rachel Glickman! We would love to get to know you. Please introduce yourselves and tell us something unique. Feel free to participate and comment on any of the threads. 

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 23, 2018

Hi

I'm London based, Certified JIRA Admin, currently spending a lot of tie learning plugin development.

Hobbies, music, guitar, woodwork stained glass. Time to fill now kids have left.

Joining because I think diversity matters.

Linette
Atlassian Team
October 23, 2018

Welcome!!

J van Leeuwen
Atlassian Team
October 24, 2018

Hi Tom! Welcome. :) As a mom with grown children, I know exactly what you mean. You get sooo much time back. For me it look awhile to figure out what to do with it all. It's super tempting just to fill it with sleep. 

Hilton Fernandes October 25, 2018

I'm Hilton Fernandes, from São Paulo, Brazil, a software engineer with Totvs, probably the largest software company here. I've been programming since the eighties. I've learned one thing or two, but the beauty and the difficulty of this industry is that we got to learn all the time.

I'm here to learn about Bamboo, and my plan is to customize some of my Bamboo plans to generate the QA reports that maybe could enlighten our understanding of the evolution of our software along time.

But of course, 1st I will have to learn a lot, and so I will be reading the FAQ as well as other people questions and answers, before I can ask my own doubts.

The community looks great, and I'm certain that this is the best place in the world to learn about Bamboo.

Thank you,
Hilton

Linette
Atlassian Team
October 25, 2018

Welcome!!

If you've not done so already I'd recommend watching the bamboo area here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bamboo-questions/qa-p/bamboo-questions

You'll be a bamboo expert in no time! :)

Hilton Fernandes October 29, 2018

Thank you, @Linette !

It will be a loong way till I become a Bamboo expert. But with your help and the help of the community, I will follow the right direction.

A great week for you and team.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

Hi everyone, grateful to be here. I work for the Government of Canada and Diversity and Inclusion is a big priority of our government. I shared some articles and videos on other posts in this group. I am a Positive Space Ambassador and an ally for LGBTQ+community delivering sessions to our employees. I truly feel that everyone deserves the right to be themselves without fear of judgement. When we all feel acknowledged, included and valued that's when the magic happens.

I shared this amazing video on another post, it's so powerful and worth the 3 minute watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g88Ju6nkcg

The people in the video are not actors, they are Accenture employees in the UK.

Like # people like this
Linette
Atlassian Team
October 30, 2018

Welcome Jodi! Great to have you here!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

Thanks so much Linette :)

A.Hartley February 19, 2020

Positive Space Ambassador... That really speaks to me. What a great title! <3 

Like # people like this
Allan Thompson June 18, 2019

Hello everyone!

My name is Allan, I'm a Software Architect At PMC Group One and a freelancer for many other software projects. I've been using Atlassian products for years! I've only so recently familiarized myself with the Atlassian community, and when I saw this group i felt obliged to join. Diversity is extremely important and unity in diversity is what makes humanity as a whole (or any subgroup), powerful. It's like that quote: "If they have begun to do this as one people... then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.".

I'm a darker-skinned American, my parents are both immigrants from Jamaica. I grew up on Long Island, New York in a pretty well integrated community. So I suppose that is what most people would think about when thinking about diversity. But as I continued on in my professional career, perhaps too many times I find that I'm the only person of color in a room of people. I'm also a Christian! Which for some reason a lot of people like to shame or demean. But I love that aspect about me and I'd love to add that flavor to Atlassian's melting pot of diversity.

Like # people like this
Linette
Atlassian Team
June 18, 2019

Welcome Allan! :)

Like Allan Thompson likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events