Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging quote

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2019

A simplistic quote that explains the difference between Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging. What are your thoughts on this? Do you have another way that you explain the difference? 

D_cfYlMUIAEA6Yi.jpg

1 comment

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 18, 2019

This is a hard one for me as equity means in part not having to ask for accommodations or different options as your needs and wants are met within the status quo.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019

I had a great conversation with an individual that said these accommodations need to be built into all our processes, so that people don't have to self-identify and ask for it, that it is automatic for all, and they can make the choice.

For example if you were doing a test, you can choose to do that test orally or in writing, or via other mechanisms. You wouldn't have to ask for special permission if you needed to do the test orally, it would just be offered as one of the choices.

I look forward to a world like this.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events