• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Coming Out Day

I came across this on Twitter, and wondered if it is a special date in Canada or do other countries also celebrate this day (October 11):

DpOmaJXVAAYF1d7.jpgEGDx2hPWwAAV2Jg.jpg

2 comments

Looks like this year was the 31st Coming Out Day in the US (link).

There are some NZ references but most of them are dated 2014 and later articles seem slightly critical of the idea of a Coming Out Day.

That's great Kat, I am glad to hear that this may be a global day and not just a national one! 

Erica Moss Community Manager Nov 19, 2019

We definitely celebrate it here! And I think it's important that the day not only recognizes those who are able to be their authentic selves, but also those who still face extreme adversity: "Today is not about pressuring people to come out. It's about sharing stories, resources, and showing people they're not alone." — Raymond Braun

Like # people like this

So happy to hear that Erica! Wow what a touching quote, thank you for sharing - such an important message for us all.

Like Erica Moss likes this

Beautiful quote indeed!! Very important that be the sentiment. I've seen stuff about people pressuring others to come out on Coming Out Day.. But it really is about recognising adversity to people's authentic selves, and not about people needing to always face that adversity.

Like # people like this

Thanks Dara, I completely agree.

Jodi

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you