Are you feeling a little blue this January? Don't worry, many others are feeling it too!
The third Monday in January, also known as Blue Monday, is said to be the most depressing day of the year. A combination of post-holiday bills, the abandonment of New Year's resolutions, the lack of exposure to sunlight and cold weather are to blame. People tend to feel less energetic, less motivated and maybe a little more down than usual.
Here are a few tips that will help you combat the winter blues:
· Get out in the sun for 10 to 20 minutes per day.
· Exercise—as little as 10 minutes a day will help lift your mood.
· Use a light therapy lamp.
· Eat healthy, balanced meals.
· Do your best to get 7 to 8 hours of good, regular sleep.
· Meditate—regular meditation is one of the best ways to heal depression.
How do you combat Blue Monday?
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events