cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Collection of Ice Breakers Designed to Start Conversation about Diversity

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2019

I came across this "A Collection of Ice Breakers Designed to Start Conversation about
Diversity" and wanted to share:

https://www.mentoring.org/new-site/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Diversity-Discussion-Starters.pdf

This publication is designed to help facilitate discussion about diversity among youth and
adults. Diversity is discussed in a broad sense in this publication through a variety of stories and poems. Each story and poem is set up as an activity that includes a brief discussion and several thought-provoking questions. These activities cause youth and adults to think critically about the meaning of diversity. This guide is also designed to help youth and adults value their own cultures as well as other people’s cultures and to reflect on the lives and perspectives of people who are different from themselves.

Let me know your thoughts or if any of the stories or poems resonate with you.

1 comment

Comment

Shaun Sheehan September 11, 2019

This is a great resource - thank you for sharing it.  Using parables is a great way to generate healthy discussion. 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2019

Thanks so much @Shaun Sheehan - I completely agree, definitely a great way to start a healthy discussion :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events