• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

9 Diversity And Inclusion Practices To Leave In 2019

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Jan 04, 2020

Janice Gassam explains which DEI practices need to be swapped out for new ones in the new decade:

1)Cosmetic Diversity

2)Not Reporting diverse retention

3)Reactionary DEI Trainings

4)Conflating Diversity with Inclusion

5)Not assessing DEI efforts

6)Ignoring current events that impact employees

7)Not learning from missteps of the past

8)Mandatory DEI Training

9)One-size-fits-all DEI training

Interesting read, here's the full article:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janicegassam/2019/12/14/9-diversity-and-inclusion-practices-to-leave-in-2019/#2b31eeefbd49

1 comment

Reading through the article there's one point I can't really get my head around. Can you think of any examples for number 5? (assessing DEI efforts -> set markers and develop a measurement system for tracking)

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Jan 13, 2020

My friend works in HR and one of her portfolios is Diversity and Inclusion. They have so many activities and events, but are they doing these events for a specific purpose, what are they trying to achieve etc. I think that is what the author meant by "before executing any DEI program, set markers and develop a measurement system for tracking."  A bit like Deliverology - find ways to define and execute their highest-priority objectives so that they have the greatest possible impact.

Not sure if I helped or not, but that is how I interpreted number 5 in the article.

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you