2020 Diversity Calendar - Multicultural Holidays, Ethnic Inclusion Calendar

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2019

Here is a link to a 2020 Diversity Calendar:

https://www.diversityresources.com/2020-diversity-calendar/

1 comment

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 20, 2019

When I look at this calendar I am struck by how US-centric it seems to me.

If I recall correctly @Jodi LeBlanc, you are based in Canada. Is this calendar reflective of the diversity in your workplace?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2019

Yes I am in Canada, the one I found for Canada wasn't as comprehensive and it is for 2019: https://www.algonquincollege.com/diversity/2019-diversity-calendar/

Perhaps as we get closer to 2020 more will be shared online for all countries.

My workplace celebrates approximately 10+ Diversity and Inclusion dates, however I can't seem to find a calendar with only those listed. When I am back to my home office (on the road for 8 weeks), I will see if I can get the full list and will share.

Dara October 21, 2019

Interesting indeed how it is so focused on US-celebrities and such. The Canadian one is a lot more international, but still not completely. 

Would be nice to have a calendar that is more internationally focused. Celebrating big influencers from over the world as well (Malala springs to mind for example). The UN has something that comes close but not quite: https://www.vercalendario.info/en/event/days-unitednations-year-calendar-2019.html

Does anyone else know of something like this? And if no, do you think we could make one ourselves maybe?

Like Darryl St_ Pierre likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2019

Great idea Dara! If something doesn't exist perhaps we can create a google doc and make a global one for 2020. I am going to reach out to my colleagues that are champions of D&I and see what they may have as well.

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 21, 2019

This NZ list includes important events like Crate Day

Related image

Wikipedia has lists galore!

Kerry Wano November 25, 2019

I have JUST begun curating a Google Calendar that is viewable by anyone that has a Google account and has the link.

Diversity and Inclusion 

Also, let me know if this even works. lol

Also, I'm going to add a similar post to the main forum.

Like Dara likes this
Dara November 25, 2019

I believe it does! At least, I got the option to add it to my personal calendar when I opened the link. Assuming that was your intention.

Definitely post it to the main forum. And thankx for doing this!

Like Kerry Wano likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2019

That's fantastic @Kerry Wano ! Any change you will be providing a one pager of all D&I dates, that way we can pick and choose the ones we add to the calendar based on whether or not it is the same for every country. Thanks for your initiative on this!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events