cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are you making a change in 2021?

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

We can all agree that 2020 was a different year for the majority of us. Many of us had plans, initiatives, and intentions for 2020 that were forced to be on hold. 

I'm interested to know, how are you making a change in 2021?

Whether it's at home, at work, for social good, or in general. If there's any vision boards, trello boards or collages, please share below. 

giphy.gif

7 answers

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Things I didn't do in 2020 that I will do in 2021:

• Get the vaccine

Things I did in 2020 that I will continue to do or even step up in 2021:

• Masking
  • Social distancing
  • Kayak fishing
  • Home restoration
  • Hug my wife and dogs

Things I hope to be able to do in 2021:

• Travel to see my boys
  • Visit a bar with a friend
  • Visit my Mom more frequently and in her home not just outside
  • Travel to my work locations
  • Go out to dinner
  • Give lots of hugs
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Great list, Jack!

Like # people like this
Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

Thank you for sharing! Please share a picture of you kayak fishing! 

2 votes
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2021

@Mary Ramirez Great topic! I know that I want to continue listening and learning (the One Anti-Racist Action A Day email helps with that), and donating to causes I believe in (I set up a monthly donation to Fair Fight Action). I also want to get the vaccine, and spend less time absorbing reality TV and more time on media that teaches me something (podcasts, etc.)

2 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2021

I'm reading more books in 2021.

In 2020 I'm pretty sure I read zero books, which is a little depressing to me (as an avid reader). 😅

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2021

Let us know which books you pick! With all of this screen time, reading a book is definitely something I would like to prioritize. 

1 vote
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

Hi @Mary Ramirez ,

Happy New Year! I also want to get the vaccine in 2021 and travel again! I haven't been in my home country, Spain, in over two years and can't wait to fly back there and hug my family and friends there. Another change for me in 2021 is to become vegetarian, as I'm getting more conscious about animal rights and more understanding of the health benefits of a balanced vegetarian diet.

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2021

@Carlos Garcia Navarro - Thank you for sharing! I have family in Spain and would love to visit one day. I'd love to learn more about your vegan journey in 2021. I just tried a vegan lentil soup recently and it was amazing.

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2021

Hi @Mary Ramirez ,

First of all, wish you a very Happy New Year!

You are doing great! Keep it up! all the best for 2021!

You can see my New Year Resolution     HERE

I would like to suggest you, start a discussion when you are not asking any questions related to any Atlassian Products!

Regards,

Soumyadeep (SaM)

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2021

Great post @Soumyadeep Mandal

I agree with this statement 100%

“You’ll never get bored when you try something new. There’s really no limit to what you can do.” 

0 votes
Eva Kasiak January 19, 2021

Hello, Fellow Atlassian's! 

Happy New Year! We've passed blue Monday I guess already. I have to admit I didn't even notice it - time goes by so quickly. 

To me, the new year is always a good moment to really stop and reflect. To refresh, reduce, start new, clean up, or confirm what's important. 

This year I had the same approach in mind. What I've realized though is that sometimes I tend to set up goals that may be far from what I really want to do or achieve or realize.

This brings struggle, lack of commitment, and low-quality outcomes which are creating further disappointment. 

So to avoid it I've asked myself :

• what are my values,
  • what is my mission in life
  • what is my purpose

These very integral aspects of our humanity are the fundaments for good resolutions and goals.

I believe once really discovered what's important we create space to remove those no longer relevant.

We create space to say strong but polite no to the various options and continue creating a fulfilled life. 

If you want to try this out I suggest you run a personal values assessment as well as get familiar with Robert Dilts (the NLP guy) and his logical levels of change(Dilts' pyramid). These are great tools to start of with. 

I wish you to rediscover/uncover/discover what's your real purpose and this will be your main driver for anything you will be doing this year ;) 

Good luck!

Eva

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2021

@Eva Kasiak - I completely agree with "refresh, reduce, start new, clean up, or confirm what's important." I have been cleaning out my home and definitely being intentional about the things I buy. 

Like Eva Kasiak likes this
0 votes
Kelvin Macharia January 7, 2021

Hello @Mary Ramirez

First of all am grateful to be in 2021, I lost a couple of friends last year and I that's reason enough for me to appreciate being alive.

One thing am sure to do proceeding to 2021 is not taking some things for granted, I have learnt to appreciate the gift of family, friends and love.

I have also learnt to cut cost on unnecessary things and saving, Yea definitely saving!

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2021

@Kelvin Macharia - thank you for sharing and I am very sorry about your loss. I have also started to think about the bigger picture in 2021 and journaling 2-3 thins I am grateful for have been really helpful.

Kelvin Macharia January 29, 2021

I would like to pass my admiration to you @Mary Ramirez  for starting this post, it lets people shares their stories and appreciate other people plans and experiences.

Like Mary Ramirez likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events