We are an app vendor with 50% women on the team and we don't think it's a coincidence

Genevieve (Refined Partner Manager) September 12, 2018

Hi all, 

After some encouragement from the Community team I met with at Atlassian Summit, I thought you might be interested in an article published recently on the Atlassian Community. The article covers how our team at RefinedWiki changed from being an all male tech team and all male company to being a gender balanced company with 44% women on the tech team. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/How-a-Marketplace-app-tech-team-is-achieving-gender-diversity/ba-p/873684

Happy reading :)

3 comments

Comment

NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2018

Excellent read, thanks for posting about this!

Genevieve (Refined Partner Manager) September 12, 2018

Thanks for the warm feedback Stephen. I saw from your comment that you shared it internally with your organization as well :) 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing this, @Genevieve (Refined Partner Manager)! I love this commitment to diversity. 

Aaron Williams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing this, @Genevieve (Refined Partner Manager) - I immediately sent it directly over to my regional HR director; they are constantly discussing how we can better face the challenge of diversity. She loved to hear how you guys are overcoming that, and is sharing it throughout the HR team and tech managers; I hope to come back and tell you how much impact it has in our future!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events