Uniting through the Pain

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2019

Recently in the news, we've witnessed many sad acts happen against our community. In a time, where people are at the lowest and saddest point of their lives, it's friends and family members, community members, and even strangers who rally up to lift spirits. 

I watched this group of young students come together to honor victims in their community. While I do not know exactly what they're saying, it certainly gives me the chills. 

Someone once told me that there's only one thing you should do when someone is in need and that's to show up

Comment below and share with us different ways we can unite through the pain. How can we support co-workers, friends or our community? 

1 comment

Comment

Karen O'Keefe June 5, 2019

That was a moving display. We don't have a national identity where we have a go-to dance or song that unites us (our National Anthem is a war song). I sure wish we had something like that. 

I like the idea of showing up. I saw a tweet by a woman on Twitter today who suggested that gay kids who are rejected by their parents were welcome to call her Mom. She said she had enough love for everyone.

What that looks like in the real world? Listening, hugging, writing letters of support, voicing your support. Helping others. I'm sure there's more. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events