Topic Tuesday: Inspiring Movies

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2018

As the seasons are changing, many of us are staying at home and catching up on our favorite movies. Recently, I watched "Nappily Ever After" on Netflix with my toddler. I have curly hair and I often lean towards straight hair for important events like conferences and job interviews. I won't spoil the movie for you but comment below and share your favorite movies showing diversity and inclusion.

6 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 2, 2018

I really liked InsideOut and enjoyed reading comments online how the anthropomorphised emotions helped give some neurodiverse children a way of talking about emotions. 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2018

Love this movie! I use clips of it during the Emotional Intelligence course that I teach. Here is the 2 min clip I use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT6FdhKriB8

reinforcing that their is a time for sadness, we can't always be joyful 24/7 and trying to cheer people up without allowing that time for sadness is not effective. The power of empathy.

Mikayla Roberts
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2018

I really liked Fruitvale Station because it shows us the social injustices that is happening in America with young black men and police. The movie was sad but also a eye opener on so many levels and it spoke truth about police brutality in America. 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2018

My recommendations: "Hidden Figures" - a great movie about black women working for NASA in the 1950s and 1960s - I never heard anything of them before.

I also liked "Victoria & Abdul" - a movie by Stephen Frears about the British Queen Victoria and her friendship to Abdul, one of her servants from India. The movie is telling a long-forgotten real story about their friendship and their fight against prejudice and royalty. And Judy Dench is great!

Deleted user October 10, 2018

The Intouchables, great dynamic between main roles.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

I finished binge watching "This is Us" on Netflix. It is such a beautiful series, and I almost wish I could erase my memory and rewatch it. Lots of tears shed and heartwarming moments. Diversity and Inclusion moments and lessons learned throughout.

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

OMG! My favorite show, it brings me to tears everytime @Jodi LeBlanc.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

Same for me Mary, I always have s box of Kleenex when I watch that show 😭 

salvap October 24, 2019

I love watching Movies especially the inspiration ones. Thank you so much

salvap9 November 14, 2019

There is a new movie app called Nova tv to watch inspirational movies. You can try it

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events