cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topic Tuesday: Holiday Meals

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2018

With the holidays around the corner, what are some ways your workplace celebrates?

I am a fan of Thanksgiving because many companies celebrate by hosting a "Friendsgiving." This is a great time to learn about your co-worker's traditional meals and where they come from. And of course, who doesn't love tasting new yummy food?

We have a pretty diverse group here, so I'd love to hear about some of your favorite dishes! Feel free to add pictures and recipes.

1 comment

Comment

Deleted user December 3, 2018

I missed seeing this before Thanksgiving.  We have a large Thanksgiving get-together with anywhere from 16 to 24 people.  This year, we had 19.  We had two turkeys, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, au gratin potatoes (Starch city!), green bean casserole, brussel sprouts, marshmallow/grape salad, breaded cauliflower and some things that never made it to our end of the table.  We also had pumpkin, chocolate and blueberry cream cheese pies.

The blueberry cream cheese is the one the family asks me to bring and the nieces/nephews call it "Aunt Robin's pie".  It's very easy to make and tastes great.  I start with a graham cracker pie shell, then layer in whipped cream cheese (splash of milk and powdered sugar are whipped into it).  On top of that, I layer pecan pieces.  Then I make whipped cream and layer that on top.  Finally, I pour the blueberry pie filling on top of that and refrigerate until served.

I've tried it with cherry, apple, peach and apricot pie fillings, but every seems to prefer the blueberry.

Like Mary Ramirez likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events