Topic Tuesday: A Playlist for a Diverse and Musical World

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 3, 2018

Pinch hitting for our fearless leader @Mary Ramirez today, who is on vacation!

My friend S. wrote a song about pronouns, appropriately called "The Pronouns Song." I love this song because it's catchy, positive, and actually has good advice about how to adjust to a friend using new pronouns! 

(They are also on Patreon and only have 6 backers right now, so even $1 counts hugely if you'd like to support a trans artist.)

Another song I love, especially at this time of year, is "The Christians and the Pagans." It actually makes me cry! I love its message of tolerance and unity. And again, it's positive and catchy!

Do you know of any other songs that celebrate diversity in one way or another? Please share! 

4 comments

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 3, 2018

@Liam Campbell this post made me think of you! 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2019

Here's "Many Voices, One Song" - it has a great message via the narration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDQ4yluaiGQ

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2018

What a great song ! !
This is super catchy. 😍

I'm now walking around the office all chipper and whistling the tune. 

MickeyWHIST.gif

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 23, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundant I get it stuck in my head too! Thank you for watching :)

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2019

Whoop Whoop! 

🤩🥇👍

You're most welcome. It's a pleasure to listen to.

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 8, 2019

Back when it was released, this song was talking positively of a melting pot of cultures.

These lyrics are very dated now as there is a greater focus on differences rather than sameness.

What we need is a great big melting pot
Big enough enough enough to take
The world and all its got
And keep it stirring for
A hundred years or more
And turn out coffee coloured people by the score

Like # people like this
Cildina Zalza May 31, 2021

This is also what I was looking for in terms of music at https://telefonzilsesleriindir.com/. This is so amazing and fascinating

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events