Stand up against gender-based violence -wear purple on November 25

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2019

Women in Canada and around the world continue to face violence every day.

Throughout the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence, which begins on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women on November 25 and ends on International Human Rights Day on December 10, take a stand against gender-based violence! Wear purple on November 25 to show your support.

Take the pledge, or become an ally to end gender-based violence by:

• Listening — be open to learning from the experiences of others.
  • Believing — support survivors and those affected by violence.
  • Speaking out — add your voice to call out violence.
  • Intervening — find a safe way to help when you see acts of gender-based violence.
  • Acting — give your time to organizations working to end violence, and be the change you want to see.

Visit the Women and Gender Equality Canada web page to learn more about gender-based violence and Canada's strategy to prevent and address it.

1 comment

Comment

Kerry Wano November 25, 2019

Oh, man. I wish I'd seen this earlier!

The closest thing I have with me today is a purple hair tie.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2019

Sorry about that, I didn't give much notice! I am discovering these dates on the fly and sadly some of them I find out about after the fact. I vote a purple hair tie counts :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events