Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flipping the hiring process on its head

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 23, 2020

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what your always got.

What is your recruitment process like? How does this process encourage (or discourage) diversity?

Research has shown even the words used to describe the role affect who applies for the role - often subconsciously by the applicants.

I want to share an interesting approach for hiring I have recently seen. *Bias warning:* I saw this example because of a personal connection to the employer. I am trying to promote discussion NOT the specific job ad.

My IT consulting company is starting its search for our next awesome team member.

However! I'm doing things very differently. I want to find a person, and mould the role to them, rather than create a role and find a person to squeeze into it! The upsides of being a small Kiwi company.

For more information, check out the blog post I wrote on the topic, then drop me a line!

https://prodigi.nz/blog/hiring

Does this style of hiring appeal to you?

1 comment

Comment

Colin McDermott_GLiNTECH February 24, 2020

Interesting approach. 

Realistically there is no reason why this can't happen at the big companies. Quite a few of the very big tech have people literally write their next role after 2-3 promotions (management approved). Many though are still stuck in very fixed roles and procedures. 

Lets flip this>> You'll work from home doing hours that suit you. (hours like 7am - 3pm, 2pm to 10pm or even 10am to 2pm + 6pm to 10pm are options!)

Why not 4 days for 10 hours, instead of 5 days at 8 hours? 

Like Kat Warner likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events