It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

what linux cent OS version is supported for Jira 7.11

We are running Jira application 7.1.9 on CentOS release 5.11 

We are planning to upgrade Jira to 7.11,  is CentOS release 5.11 is supported for Jira version 7.11?

3 comments

@Sangeeta VermaAll linux  version is  supported. it  should  work !

Best!

One more question, we are running Jira application 7.1 on postgres version - PostgreSQL 8.4.4

Can we run Jira software version 7.11 on PostgreSQL 8.4.4?

@Sangeeta VermaI think  it should work  also  without any  issues

Thanks Thomas!

Here is another question-

I'm setting up a test environment to upgrade Jira and confluence. For that, I cloned my Jira and Confluence hosts and changed IP addresses and application links to point to cloned environments.

Then I changed my user password in cloned Jira environment through app.  For some reason the password got updated for original (prod) environment too even though I just updated it in cloned environment.

I see users are configured using "Jira internal directory" and not through LDAP. Any idea why that password got updated in all other environments?

@Sangeeta VermaI will suspect the word "cloned"  here,   you  should be  able to  use different password, for both "Test and Prod" 

Yes, that's right. It's for test environment. So if I change Jira password in test environment, It gets updated in confluence test, jira prod and confluence prod. How can I stop that so it just gets updated to test environments only. Thanks!

Comment

Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

How does your team celebrate a win?

Hi Everyone! Last Friday, myself and a couple others on my team had a last night as we successfully completed a Jira Server to Cloud Migration.  This took months of planning, testing, and commu...

50 views 3 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you