It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Uninstalling Jira in the root level

Hi I have installed Jira in the Root level and I want to remove that from the root and install it again on a regular basis and when I'm trying to uninstall with the uninstall command, it gives me an error saying command not found. 

What is the problem, why doesn't it work?

1 comment

Nic Brough Community Leader Mar 12, 2018

What do you mean by "root level"?  Where did you install it, and what is the full error message you get on uninstall? 

I have installed it on the test server being a root user

I have to install it not being a root user, that is without entering sudo su - 

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to uninstall Jira there by going to the directory where I installed Jira and giving the command "uninstall" as given by the Atlassian documentation. It gives me the error "Command not found"

Nic Brough Community Leader Mar 12, 2018

I don't think the docs say anything about running an uninstall on a Linux machine.

To remove a linux install, delete the installation and home directories, and the /etc/init.d links if it created it for startup/shutdown on boot.

Comment

Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

How does your team celebrate a win?

Hi Everyone! Last Friday, myself and a couple others on my team had a last night as we successfully completed a Jira Server to Cloud Migration.  This took months of planning, testing, and commu...

74 views 3 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you