Uninstalling Jira in the root level

Vijay Vogirala March 12, 2018

Hi I have installed Jira in the Root level and I want to remove that from the root and install it again on a regular basis and when I'm trying to uninstall with the uninstall command, it gives me an error saying command not found. 

What is the problem, why doesn't it work?

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2018

What do you mean by "root level"?  Where did you install it, and what is the full error message you get on uninstall? 

Vijay Vogirala March 12, 2018

I have installed it on the test server being a root user

I have to install it not being a root user, that is without entering sudo su - 

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to uninstall Jira there by going to the directory where I installed Jira and giving the command "uninstall" as given by the Atlassian documentation. It gives me the error "Command not found"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2018

I don't think the docs say anything about running an uninstall on a Linux machine.

To remove a linux install, delete the installation and home directories, and the /etc/init.d links if it created it for startup/shutdown on boot.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events