Trello @mentions are lost in the stream of notifications

Doug Suiter June 18, 2018

I am relatively new to Trello and love it but notifications are proving an achilles heal. There are frankly too many notifications and often important @mentions are lost and never responded to and there's no way to filter them dependably across platforms.

In iOS I can filter by mentions using the Me tab in the notifications section, but there is no way to mark each as Read. I can mark all as read, but it doesn't hide the messages so i can't see what has been dealt with.

In web and Mac I can filter by "read", and mark as read individually but I can't  filter by messages addressed to me specifically, so @mentions tend to get lost among other notifications.

Each day I get hundreds of notifications about who moved a card, added an attachment (then deleted it), who added a comment and it's simply too much.

I am entirely ready to believe I am simply using the platform incorrectly. Is there anything i should be doing differently?

1 comment

elizaBeth Simpson July 23, 2018

I am in the same boat of notification overload, with a small difference: I'm finding phone notifications to be ineffective. 

I really just want phone notifications for due dates. I get so many notices on my phone (per the other user's description) its pointless to get push notifications so I'm turning them off. But this defeats the purpose of having timed due dates/reminders...  

I'm thinking there has to be a way to select WHICH type of notifications we get to what platform, e.g. opt in to: @messages, due dates, and NOT get every comment and change. 

I'm also willing to believe I'm just missing something... 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events