Need help in adding columns with appropriate status.

Kalpana Pugazhendi April 27, 2017

I have a SCRUM board in Agile-JIRA and I want to add a new column, 'In Testing'. But the status under all the 4 columns are messed up. Could you please help in clearing the unwanted statuses under each column.

Unsure of what should be acutal status for each columns. Attaching the image for reference. Please help me clear out. Thanks in advance!

Columns.png

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2017

It's your process and workflow, so we can't tell you want you need to change. 

However, there is a standard tidying thing you should do:

Go look at the project(s) that the board includes, looking at the workflows that they all use.  Specifically, make a list of all the status that are in those workflows.

Now go back to your board definition and compare it with the list.  Any status that is NOT on the list should be dropped over to the left into the "unmapped status" column.

Next, look at each of your column headers.  Assuming they are all valid (and, of course, you've added your "in testing" column), then check the status in the columns.  The far right hand "done" column is the most important to get right, make sure it *only* contains status that are at the *end* of an issue's lifecycle.  Things that don't need any more attention.  This is now where we can't help you more, you need to know what your status mean to your users and hence should be able to map them into your columns.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events