It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Manage Global Permissions

HI Guys,

I have invite all the users from the different areas with global permissions using JIRA Cloud (but we also have Confluence) so the problem is that i have created 3 projects in JIRA where i have added different people to each project but all of them have access to the 3 projects, how can i solve this? please some help!!!

Regards in advance!

1 comment

HI @Emmanuel Montes

Welcome to the community!

To manage global permission for all the users, Create a group/role and then create a generic permission scheme in which give the appropriate rights(Create issue, Edit Issue, Delete Issue, Manage Sprints and so on) to the group/role.

Associate this permission scheme to the projects. below are the articles related to this please have a look at it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver071/managing-permissions-802172376.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html

HI Yogesh,

I just tried the first option but when i change the Scheme for the projects i do not have access to the previous projects, do i need to delete the global group i have created at the beginning? 

Im not sure how to proceed?

Regards,

Emmanuel M.

Yes, to change/configuring/associating permission scheme with the project you need to have project admin or Jira admin rights.

do i need to delete the global group i have created at the beginning? 

Actually, i don't know for which group are you talking about but I suggest you don't delete anything just un-associate it.

Before anything changes please take a backup of it.

Comment

Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

How does your team celebrate a win?

Hi Everyone! Last Friday, myself and a couple others on my team had a last night as we successfully completed a Jira Server to Cloud Migration.  This took months of planning, testing, and commu...

73 views 3 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you