Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Global Permissions

Emmanuel Montes June 14, 2018

HI Guys,

I have invite all the users from the different areas with global permissions using JIRA Cloud (but we also have Confluence) so the problem is that i have created 3 projects in JIRA where i have added different people to each project but all of them have access to the 3 projects, how can i solve this? please some help!!!

Regards in advance!

1 comment

Comment

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2018

HI @Emmanuel Montes

Welcome to the community!

To manage global permission for all the users, Create a group/role and then create a generic permission scheme in which give the appropriate rights(Create issue, Edit Issue, Delete Issue, Manage Sprints and so on) to the group/role.

Associate this permission scheme to the projects. below are the articles related to this please have a look at it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver071/managing-permissions-802172376.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html

Emmanuel Montes June 14, 2018

HI Yogesh,

I just tried the first option but when i change the Scheme for the projects i do not have access to the previous projects, do i need to delete the global group i have created at the beginning? 

Im not sure how to proceed?

Regards,

Emmanuel M.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2018

Yes, to change/configuring/associating permission scheme with the project you need to have project admin or Jira admin rights.

do i need to delete the global group i have created at the beginning? 

Actually, i don't know for which group are you talking about but I suggest you don't delete anything just un-associate it.

Before anything changes please take a backup of it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events