Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing subtree settings in Sourcetree

gleung86 April 17, 2018

I'm able to add subtree(s) with my repository in Sourcetree manually by right clicking the gray area in the taskbar section and then selecting Add/Link Subtree - and it works.

But after a little while (maybe after a few reboots, or a few days later), the subtree menu and its settings disappears from my taskbar, which is pretty frustrating.  I would have to re-add the subtree links each time I need to push/pull changes from them.

Is there a fix to this, or at least, are there others experiencing the same issue? I'm experiencing this in multiple machines.

2 comments

garrafote April 8, 2020

I'm having the same problem working on Sourcetree 3.3.8 for windows.

Having to relink the subtree every time i need to pull/push from it kills the purpose of having the button at all. Until this problem is resolved it will be faster to just run the subtree commands manually or using a script.

Jacob August 21, 2020

I am experiencing the same issue using 3.3.9.  In my case, the sourcetreeconfig.json is cleaned out EVERY SINGLE TIME I restart SourceTree which effectively means that I have to relink the subtree any time I want to use the feature.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events