It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Integration with Dev Tools - What is the Value/Benefits?

We are looking at integration between Jira and the development Tools as described here: integrating with development tools

Can anyone provide feedback regarding the benefits of this type of integration?

I would have thought there would be some marketing info. that outlined the "Why you would want to do this", but can't seem to find any.

Need to address the "Just because you can doesn't mean you should" crowd.

Thanks!

1 comment

The main idea with any kind of integration is, to link development information to an issue in an automated way. This happens normally by adding the Jira Issue Key to the commit comment of your favourite VCS.

Now, the issue is enriched with information about the code change. This is quite useful for developers to quickly see what happened to the code because of the verbal description of a requirement.

How much benefit this at all will deliver is hard to measure. Best you ask the individuals that will (potentially) profit from this.

Comment

Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

How does your team celebrate a win?

Hi Everyone! Last Friday, myself and a couple others on my team had a last night as we successfully completed a Jira Server to Cloud Migration.  This took months of planning, testing, and commu...

50 views 3 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you