It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JIRA installation is stuck on "Set up application properties" page

I am new at JIRA and trying to install JIRA on one of my VM box with MySQL database. The installation procedure went fine through database creation, but now I am stuck on Set UP Application Properties page. I provided title, mode and URL and click on the NEXT button, but it doesn't go to next screen (license configuration) page.  Can someone help me?

4 comments

@Jun Choe

Hi Jun

did you have a look to the log files (catalina.out or atlassian-jira.log) i think you will find some additional information e.g. stacktraces giving you some more insights

Best regards

Kurt

Any luck? I am having the same problem. Nothing in the logs.

I have the same issues, log files don't say anything, I only have a 503 in my console: 

POST http://localhost:51000/rest/webResources/1.0/resources 503 ()

This isn't a solo problem. I'm having it too. Please let us know what you find.

Nic Brough Community Leader Jul 22, 2018

Same answer, there will be something in the log that tells you what the problem is.

I finally found something after thousands and thousands of lines. MySQL was a mess. I'm tearing down this VM and restarting with Postgres. The install instructions for SQL sucks.

Comment

Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

How does your team celebrate a win?

Hi Everyone! Last Friday, myself and a couple others on my team had a last night as we successfully completed a Jira Server to Cloud Migration.  This took months of planning, testing, and commu...

67 views 3 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you