JIRA installation is stuck on "Set up application properties" page

Jun Choe April 30, 2018

I am new at JIRA and trying to install JIRA on one of my VM box with MySQL database. The installation procedure went fine through database creation, but now I am stuck on Set UP Application Properties page. I provided title, mode and URL and click on the NEXT button, but it doesn't go to next screen (license configuration) page.  Can someone help me?

4 comments

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2018

@Jun Choe

Hi Jun

did you have a look to the log files (catalina.out or atlassian-jira.log) i think you will find some additional information e.g. stacktraces giving you some more insights

Best regards

Kurt

dsphar June 25, 2018

Any luck? I am having the same problem. Nothing in the logs.

KoningsGap June 29, 2018

I have the same issues, log files don't say anything, I only have a 503 in my console: 

POST http://localhost:51000/rest/webResources/1.0/resources 503 ()

Mat Chavez July 22, 2018

This isn't a solo problem. I'm having it too. Please let us know what you find.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2018

Same answer, there will be something in the log that tells you what the problem is.

Mat Chavez July 22, 2018

I finally found something after thousands and thousands of lines. MySQL was a mess. I'm tearing down this VM and restarting with Postgres. The install instructions for SQL sucks.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events