How to Enable a User that has disabled user status on Jira Cloud?

Alex Yee February 27, 2019

How do you enable a user that has been disabled in Jira Cloud?

3 comments

Comment

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2019

Hi @Alex Yee ,

Do you have site-admin access? If not you will need to ask your site admin to reactivate the user. Here are the steps:

• Click the icon in the bottom left corner that looks like a square of 9 dots.
  • Select Site Administration
  • Find the user in question
  • Click "Grant Site Access"

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

Alex Yee February 27, 2019

Hi @Scott Theus,

Thank you for your reply and help.  I do have site-admin access. The "Grant Site Access" button is grayed out. I opened JST-455634 to track this issue. Could it be a bug?

thank you again.

Alex

Josh Tepen April 2, 2019

Did you find a solution to your problem?  I'm having a similar problem with my Jira Cloud users too.

Alex Yee April 2, 2019

Yes. Hope it'll help you out.

To reactivate an user, you'll need to access http://admin.atlassian.com. Then from there, find the Manage accounts section, like this:

Search for user account, click on Edit options and, from there, you'll be able to activate.

Josh Tepen April 2, 2019

Perfect!  That worked for me. 

Thank you for your help.

Alex Yee April 2, 2019

You're welcome. Glad it worked out.

JAC November 15, 2020

I am the site manager, Jira admin, site Admin, billing admoin, all admin, still cannot activate an account for my users. for some reason I have to critical users being disabled randomly during the weekend, and I cannot activate their accounts...

I love Jira and we use extensively but support is really the weakest point, it is impossible to self serve, the admin tasks are the worst and it is not clear how to do anything.. looks like the interface for the support was done for a totally different team... 

I have followed a couple of suggestions by users (because I haven't found a direct response from Atlassian) and none work for me...

David Washburn December 7, 2020

@JAC interesting, I just had this happen for the first time as well this weekend. One of our users was disabled and I cannot reactivate them. They are active in our IDP but Atlassian Access does not respect that.

I also ran a fresh reprovision from our IDP and the user still is inactive.

Like # people like this
Tom Atkinson August 14, 2021

The bottom of this article provides steps to reactivate an account, but I am getting an error that says, "Account is managed by your identity provider". Can anyone help in this situation?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events