It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

[Duplicate] Creating Issues via email with prepouplated component field Edited

Hi

I am setting up email to create issues in Jira. I have exising Jira boards (eg. Engagement, Change, Support)  with component name (ECG, CHNG, SUPP)  setup and are used to put the issues into the appropriate board.

The problem I am having is when Jira creates an issue from the email the issue does not automatically go to the Engagement board because the component of that issue does not have value "ECG".  Is there a way I can prepopulate the issue with component = "ECG" in the email so when the issue is created in Jira it will land on the Engagement board.

1 comment

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Hi Saf - this looks like a duplicate of https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Creating-Issues-via-email-with-prepouplated-component-field/qaq-p/585952

There's no need to post the same thing as both a question and discussion. It's better just to have one thread to keep things in the same place.

All - if you can help Saf, please answer on the question there.

Community showcase
Published in Training & Certification

Introducing Atlassian University Live!

Atlassian University is committed to providing the best training and certification for Atlassian products through on-demand classes, in-person team training, a world-class certification program, and ...

306 views 9 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you