It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Compatibilty Issue when upgrading in JMWE Add-on Edited

Hi Innovalog,

Our JMWE version in Jira "Server" is 4.0.7 and we're planning to upgrade this to the latest version, "5.2.1"

If we upgrade our JMWE to the latest version, are we going to have a problem with our existing JMWE's post functions, validators or conditions?

What are the compatibility issues if have?

Thanks!

1 comment

Nic Brough Community Leader Apr 23, 2018

From memory, the JMWE functions all upgrade well - you just need to install the newer version of the add-on that is compatible with 5.2.  Do it via "manage add-ons", as that will select an appropriate version for you.

5.2 is a long way off the latest version of Jira though, it's years old.  7.10 is out soon

Hi Nic,

I believe Ysaac meant that he's upgrading to JMWE 5.2.1, not Jira 5.2.1.

But that's true, there is no known issue when upgrading from JMWE 4.x to the latest 5.x version, and thousands of customers have gone through that migration already.

David

Comment

Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

How does your team celebrate a win?

Hi Everyone! Last Friday, myself and a couple others on my team had a last night as we successfully completed a Jira Server to Cloud Migration.  This took months of planning, testing, and commu...

74 views 3 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you