Client Organization

Tim Patrick April 27, 2017

i am just at the last steps of getting a SD set up.

the final part i need is for the Organization field to automatically complete itself depending on who raised it. E.g. if user A from Client A raises an incident, i want the organization to automatically show that they are from Client A.

i have already set up the organization and customer under it.

1 comment

Brandon April 27, 2017

If you have set up your customer Organizations right i.e. user A in organization called Client A, any requests customers make via portal or email should have the Organizations field automatically set to the organization they belong to without the need for setting up any automation.

However if a request was created via JIRA i.e. the "Create" button up top, or via REST API, it will not do so by default. I've been looking for a way in the Automation settings to set the Organization field in the THEN section, but I've been unable to find such an option to do so at the moment.

It would be useful if the devs could include a "Set Organizations field" in the THEN section within Automation.

Tim Patrick April 28, 2017

thats odd. the organization doesnt seem to set automatically when the client uses self service.

the THEN clause would solve this straight away.

thats for your input.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events