Can I use blueprints to create multiple sets of the same pages in a space?

Cormac West May 31, 2017

Within a Confluence space I am using pages to organise different projects. 

I want each project to have the same structure:

Page
- Childpage
- Childpage
- - Grandchild page
- Childpage

For each of the above I have a template created. 

At the moment each time I want to create a set of pages for a project I must go through the process of creating each page one by one from a template. 

Can I create a blueprint for this set of pages so that I might click once and then have all the pages there? If so how would I do that? Also is it possible to create a 'wizard' (or 'step by step workflow' as the kids call them these days) to help with putting some things on those pages/giving them the correct names? 

Thanks in advance 

2 comments

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2017
Cormac West May 31, 2017

Hi - Thanks, but this isnt what I've asked.

I'm specifically looking to have a blueprint for a number of pages within a space. Not an entire space.  

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2017

Ah, I see. Sorry, that I misunderstood your question.

I don't know of a page-tree-template-functionality in Confluence.

There's a plugin for that: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/eps.focuspro.PageTreeCreator/server/overview

but it is not for free and I did not test it. So I don't know if this will suit your needs.

If you have Confluence 6 (server version, not cloud), you can create a set of template pages in a template space (only visible for admins) and then copy this page tree every time to your new spaces when you need them. This functionality is not available for Cloud, I don't know why, but here is the ticket for this feature: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-2814

Maybe you want to vote for that

Cormac West May 31, 2017

Additional info: We use cloud.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events