It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

After enabling JOSSO authenticator, JIRA cannot connect to local database anymore

Hi folks,

I've installed a JIRA Server to try SSO Connection to it. So I do not have an external Database prepared, but use HB2 local database.

As soon as I activate the JOSSO SSO Authenticator in the seraph-config.xml file, the Application is not coming up again.

If I check the catalina.out, I see, that the application seems not be able to connect to the HB2 database anymore.

Do you have any suggestions? 

Here is a snippet of the error:

19-May-2018 21:52:16.060 SEVERE [Catalina-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.beforeStart Unable to create directory for deployment: /opt/atlassian/jira/conf/Catalina/localhost
2018-05-19 21:52:18,656 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [c.a.jira.startup.JiraHomeStartupCheck] The jira.home directory '/var/atlassian/application-data/jira' is validated and locked for exclusive use by this instance.
2018-05-19 21:52:18,715 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [o.a.c.c.C.[Catalina].[localhost].[/]] Exception starting filter security
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/josso/gateway/identity/SSOUser

-----------

2018-05-19 21:52:18,928 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [o.a.c.c.C.[Catalina].[localhost].[/]] Exception starting filter trustedapps
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/josso/gateway/identity/SSOUser
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)

-----------

2018-05-19 21:52:19,101 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.j.config.database.SystemDatabaseConfigurationLoader] Reading database configuration from /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/dbconfig.xml
2018-05-19 21:52:19,287 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.config.bootstrap.DefaultAtlassianBootstrapManager] Could not successfully test your database:
org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: IO Exception: "/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/database/h2db.mv.db" [90028-185]

------------

2018-05-19 21:52:19,307 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.jira.health.HealthChecks] JIRA couldn't connect to your database
2018-05-19 21:52:19,307 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.jira.health.HealthChecks] JIRA failed to establish a connection to your database.

------------

2018-05-19 21:52:19,379 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [o.a.c.c.C.[Catalina].[localhost].[/]] Exception sending context destroyed event to listener instance of class com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener
java.lang.NullPointerException

If I undo the changes in seraph-config.xml, the Application starts normally.

Thanks Stefan

0 comments

Comment

Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

How does your team celebrate a win?

Hi Everyone! Last Friday, myself and a couple others on my team had a last night as we successfully completed a Jira Server to Cloud Migration.  This took months of planning, testing, and commu...

90 views 3 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you