Introducing Atlassian Open DevOps

Hey Community! I’m Shana, a member of our DevOps team here at Atlassian. I wanted to make sure you saw our announcement last week about the launch of Open DevOps since you may have missed it amidst all the Team '21 goodness.

Long-time Atlassian customers might remember the Dragon Slayer campaign in 2009. At the time, integrating our tools together was so hard that the Atlassian Integration Dragon could “scorch the clothes off your back somewhere along the way.' 

But we thought it was about time for customers to get out of slaying dragons, and into actual work.

Last week, we announced that we’ve launched Open DevOps, a development experience built on Jira that makes a diverse software delivery toolchain feel like an all-in-one. If you want to learn more, check out the links below:

As part of our launch, we’ll be kicking off a campaign celebrating the third-party partners that support Open DevOps. Check back on this DevOps space over the next few weeks and hear more from partners from these key categories:

While we’re excited to share Open DevOps with the world, this is just the beginning. We’ll continue making it fast, easy and repeatable for software teams to set up and manage everything they need for modern software development.

Try Open DevOps for free today and let us know what you think! And if you have any questions at all, fire away.

P.S. For existing Jira customers who already have their tools connected, a version of Open DevOps is also available in-product called ‘Connected projects’. Teams can automatically set up and link their Jira project to first and third-party tools at project creation.

c0980270-4773-4e25-a5a1-c759fe5c2c34.png

11 comments

Eric Jacobson May 11, 2021

Shana, does Open Devops work with server versions of Jira, Bitbucket, and Confluence?  I started the free trial but it's making me think it is just for cloud versions of the products.

Like Deleted user likes this
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 12, 2021

To my knowledge, there is no word yet about making new DevOps capabilities available for Data Center customers (definitely not for Server.) It is my understanding that Atlassian will focus only on Cloud, as they're transforming into a cloud-first company.

However, many Data Center customers are about to stay on-premise for the time being, who would like to also enjoy these features that Cloud customers are getting. DevOps automation is only a subset of the Open DevOps initiative, but we at Midori started implementing DevOps automation features for Jira Data Center (and Server) similar to what Jira Cloud customers are getting in the form of DevOps triggers in Automation for Jira. This is just the first step as we are planning to work out more DevOps capabilities for Data Center customers.

If you are on Jira Data Center (or Server) and DevOps automation is of interest, please read our announcement and approach in this article here on the Community.

Martin Taylor May 23, 2021

When will Microsoft DevOps become integrated with the Atlassian products? It seems like there is a huge gap for such a main player in cloud CI/CD, The marketplace app from Microsoft seems to have just disappeared too, what we to do as we can get our GitHub repos linked but until we can trigger a build from a status change, I'm lost.

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2021

@Martin Taylor By "Microsoft DevOps" do you mean Azure DevOps?

Martin Taylor May 24, 2021

Yes, Azure DevOps.

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

Thank you for the post @Shana 

Jay May 30, 2021

Really excited by this and wanting to learn more!  Thanks @Shana 

Elaine McMillan May 31, 2021

Have Atlassian wired up any automation between a Jira and Jira Service Management (JSM) project to allow customer ticket flow from JSM based on agreed criteria or a manual trigger to development team Jira projects with key identified fields then updating back from the Jira project into JSM so that the customer can see the up to date status?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2021

@Elaine McMillan In my interpretation, your use case is not related to Open DevOps, but to issue syncing. For that use case, there are several popular apps available.

Elaine McMillan May 31, 2021

@Aron Gombas Thank you for the link to the relevant Marketplace apps. On the side  Jira/JSM is only not related to DevOps if said topic only covers the CI/CD tooling for devs and ignores that as a practice it is supposed to combine software development and IT operations.

John Epeneter June 2, 2021

I am trying to install Atlassian Open DevOps with my cloud instance that includes only Jira and Confluence. We use were told by Atlassian support that ODO was free but when we try to start the trial it  tries to install Bitbucket and Opsgenie which we don't need or want to pay for as we use Github. Is there a way to install without BB or OG? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events