Server Customers: Announcing Jira Service Management

Hello there Server Community members! 

Today, we’re thrilled to announce Jira Service Management, the next generation of Jira Service Desk. We designed Jira Service Management to help your development and IT operations teams collaborate at high-velocity, so they can respond to business changes and deliver great service experiences fast.

Jira Service Management Server contains all the rich capabilities of Jira Service Desk including request portals, service catalogs, queues, and SLAs. In addition, Jira Service Management Server now provides:

• Modern Incident Management: We streamline the connectivity with Opsgenie (available with a separate purchase) giving agents the ability to link, create, and escalate service requests as major incidents. 

• A supercharged agent experience: Now teams are empowered to manage multiple issues at once with bulk actions including; watching, linking, commenting, assigning, and deleting.

• ITSM on the go: Jira Service Management mobile is now available for Server, enabling your team to take action at any time from the convenience of a smartphone or tablet.

These exciting updates will be available in the next release by the end of November. Server customers should note that Jira Service Management Cloud contains even more capabilities centered on incident and change management, and includes Opsgenie functionality without a separate purchase.

Try Jira Service Management Cloud today for free today 

5 comments

Comment

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2020

Maybe its just me, but as a current jira server customer, I don't see anything new here, other then a branding change. None of the "new" features are new. 

All in all this just reminds me of the big "Jira-Ops" announcement 2 years ago. Lots of fanfare, but nothing actually came out of it.

Like Kate Clavet likes this
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2020

Hi @Andrew Laden thanks for the feedback! I'll pass it off to the team. Hopefully these additional details are helpful: 

Jira Service Desk Server and Data Center will be changed to Jira Service Management in the next release.(By the end of November) The new change management and asset/configuration management features are coming soon to Data Center.

Thanks! 

Kate 

Alex Janes November 12, 2020

@Kate Clavet Other than including Insight with Jira Service Desk Data Center (sorry, Jira Service Management), are there any other features coming from this announcement to server or data center?

EDIT: Duh, you listed it. Sorry about that.

Tom Hawkins February 24, 2021

Hello @Kate Clavet , just to let you know I visited https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213632/jira-service-management/version-history to try to ascertain which version number I needed to be on JSM rather than JSD, but it wasn't very obvious given all just listed as Minor bugfix release, shouldn't one of them show as being the point of distinction between JSD and JSM? I'm guessing from the above that 4.14.0 or above is the answer, but thought I should feed back that it wasn't clear and hence recommend you might want to change the description for the relevant version.  image.png

Look forward to trying it out (probably 4.15.0), thanks Tom 

Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2021

Hi @Tom Hawkins , thanks for that feedback, I appreciate it. I'll pass it on to the team for future reference. You are correct it is 4.15.0

Best,
Kate 

Like Tom Hawkins likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events