Post-Summit Topic Tuesday

Kaitlynn Tillett April 16, 2019

Hello everyone, happy Tuesday!

Last week, a lot of you were at Summit! Unfortunately, I've never been to Summit and didn't have the opportunity to go this year. However, I know I loved hearing stories about Summit last year, and would love to hear more stories from this year! I am looking forward to when I can finally attend. 

What was your favorite part of Summit this year? 

3 comments

Comment

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2019

Opening keynote is always the highlight of the event for me. Atlassian does such a great job of inspiring me to be a better human.

Outside of that, the Leaderboard race this year was EPIC! I absolutely loved that we were able to close out on an intentional tie, and that so many people enjoyed the back and forth shenanigans. 

Seeing our very own @Stephen_Sifers__DFW_ working the community booth as an official Atlassian was really cool to see, and I loved hearing the stories of how the community has impacted him and others during the community panel.

Summit is always an amazing event, and this year was no different. 

Like Kim Tillett likes this
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

Gotta agree with Jeff on this one - the opening keynote was fantastic. As opposed to other conferences I go to, Summit isn't 100% product-focused and tries to give attendees takeaways to help improve themselves and their teams. If you use their products, it's definitely a plus, but never a requirement to get something useful out of the conference or its breakout sessions.

For me, this was a great year for networking with fellow Community members, as well as with Atlassians and vendors I chat with over email or phone calls, but have never met in person. Always good to put a face with a name/voice!

Like # people like this
Kim Tillett April 17, 2019

This was my second Summit and it was just as exciting and engaging as the first! 

I would echo @Alex Christensen in that you do not have to be a product user to find useful take-aways from Summit.  Breakout sessions are one of my favorite parts of the experience.  They provide insightful opportunities to explore many topics focused on everything from Atlassian products to working as a team.  A couple of my favorites this year were the Keynote presentation on the science of happiness and the many team-centric talks found during Summit.

I was also super excited about the vendor interest in upcoming Dallas Community Events!  So many offered to engage in remote presentations if they couldn't make it in person.  Can't wait to see what comes of that!

Like Jeff Tillett likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events