Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in updating user details in crowd via database

Gsep Support June 9, 2016

Hello Team,

We know that updating user details via back end is not recommended. But we have a task to achieve this.

We would like to update the missing user details from crowd database. And to achieve this we are able to update the cwd_user table using query (UPDATE CWD_USER SET LAST_NAME='lastname' , FIRST_NAME='firstname' , EMAIL_ADDRESS='email@email.com' WHERE USER_NAME ='username' from database. and this is working perfectly fine.

But when we update the user details via database the display name(refer crowd1 screenshot attached highlighted in red) shows the old values even though the table is updated with modified values.

How can we resolve this issue, please suggest.

Only issue is why it is not showing the updated values in under name.(please refer crowd1 screenshot)

refer the before and after updating the values in crowd.(attached screenshots)crowd1.pngbefore_update.pngafter_update.png

1 answer

1 vote
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

Hi @Gsep Support,

I think this has something to do with the attributes' lower values or the timestamp. This worked for me on HSQLDB database:

UPDATE CWD_USER SET UPDATED_DATE=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, LAST_NAME='Bar' , LOWER_LAST_NAME='bar', FIRST_NAME='Foo', LOWER_FIRST_NAME='foo', EMAIL_ADDRESS='foo@bar.com', LOWER_EMAIL_ADDRESS='foo@bar.com', DISPLAY_NAME='Foo Bar', LOWER_DISPLAY_NAME='foo bar' WHERE USER_NAME ='myuser';

Still, you should definitely use Crowd REST User Resource instead of direct updates to the database: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CROWDDEV/Crowd+REST+Resources#CrowdRESTResources-UserResource

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2016

I also notice no mention of Crowd being offline while you break the database with SQL.  You need to have it shut down if you're going to hack the database (and be very careful, and have backups)

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

+1 @Nic Brough [Adaptavist]

You're right, I actually did it while Crowd was offline.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events